Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Where are the Emmerdale Researchers?

(3 Posts)
fourormore Thu 29-Mar-18 22:17:49

I do know that the soaps are fiction but come on researchers - where are you!!!
All the soaps have their strange goings-on and I'm sure there are more important things to worry about but medics must be screaming at their TVs! confused
I am talking about Ross in Emmerdale.
I am no qualified medic but this character has a full beard and moustache and recently was the victim of an acid attack - acid was thrown in his face.
In the story line he was admitted to hospital, had surgery and skin grafts on his face - yet the 'dressing' over the wound is attached to his beard! shock
How many bugs are living in his beard? Surely the first thing that would have been done is a shave of the area?
In this evening's episode he is readmitted to hospital following an alcohol and medication binge.
Surprise, surprise - his would is infected!
He has again had the wound cleaned and is sporting a lovely clean white dressing - again attached to his beard!
Researchers - where are you? confused

Bridgeit Thu 29-Mar-18 22:53:05

Well spotted Fourormore? you are absolutely right.
I don’t think they’ve thought it through properly!

Situpstraight Fri 30-Mar-18 04:53:06

Firstly, I have to admit that I haven’t watched Emmerdale since Grandad and Joe Sugden were on it, but if Ross is a big star of the show, maybe he refused to shave his beard off?

Poor researchers probably thought, well here you go then see how daft you look now.....

Of course I could be wrong, maybe they didn’t research it properly.