Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Doctors

(11 Posts)
Fishpieplease Thu 28-Jun-18 09:35:49

Doctors is back in September. I can only presume it’s also a way for the BBC to cut costs,as well as “making way” for the sport.

Franbern Thu 28-Jun-18 09:15:25

And has left us with a real cliff hanger. No idea when it will return. Hope we can remember what the cliff hanger is about is a few months time. Will miss this from my daily waching.

Maybelle Tue 19-Jun-18 19:14:25

sodapop thanks, but then only a couple of episodes next week then it's off for a while, summer break

sodapop Tue 19-Jun-18 18:50:37

It's on again on Thurs & Fri Maybelle

Maybelle Tue 19-Jun-18 16:39:07

So predictable, any sport and Doctors is shifted out of the schedule. The mix of humour and issues is balanced just right for me.
And with football and then tennis it will be a boring Doctors free summer !

Mapleleaf Tue 19-Jun-18 15:49:31

I agree - the schedulers get so carried away, don't they, assuming that we all love hours and hours of sport every day for the next 4 weeks (probably will be longer, once the tennis gets going...)
There's very little compromise where sport is concerned - does it have to be on all the main channels at the same time??

annodomini Fri 15-Jun-18 14:00:01

Not only Doctors, but I sat down expecting Bargain Hunt and found Football 'pundits' discussing the forthcoming game for which kick-off was still 45 minutes ahead. What a waste of time!

rockgran Fri 15-Jun-18 13:32:33

I hate sport -there is always something messing up the schedule.

sodapop Fri 15-Jun-18 13:16:09

Yes we like this soap as well. I do have to say that some episodes can be a bit silly but harmless escapism. Why the BBC can't have a dedicated sports channel I don't understand.

goldengirl Fri 15-Jun-18 12:27:34

Hear! Hear! I enjoy Doctors - they take some themes and issues which are really helpful and thought provoking - between all the argy bargy between the staff which is quite funny at times as well as irritating! I also like the way that some of the cast also direct or write an episode.

Franbern Fri 15-Jun-18 10:37:52

Not happy that my favourite day time Soap is being taken off by BBC so they can show a football game.