Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Anne with an E

(7 Posts)
SueDonim Wed 11-Jul-18 02:05:12

Whyever not? Many books are reinterpreted time and again. I can't begin to think how often Pride and Prejudice must have been filmed for tv or cinema! Or Jane Eyre, to name but two.

Each interpretation can bring something new. Some versions will work, some won't. If I didn't want to see a different interpretation then I wouldn't watch a filmed version at all, I'd stick to the books.

Grandma70s Tue 10-Jul-18 11:08:51

I haven’t seen this, but I don’t like the idea of anyone messing about with the books. They don't need a ‘fresh approach’.

travelsafar Tue 10-Jul-18 11:00:58

Yes the second series started to be aired on the 6th July.

SueDonim Tue 10-Jul-18 10:06:56

Is this the second series? We loved the first one, and thought it was a fresh new approach to the books.

MiniMoon Tue 10-Jul-18 09:56:30

Apparently this series is a "reimagining" of the classic books, and doesn't follow the stories in the original. When I read the synopsis at the beginning of the first series I was put off watching it because I loved the books so much.

pensionpat Tue 10-Jul-18 09:16:28

I loved the first series. The actress has captured the essence of Anne. It's early days but I'm not enjoying this series as much. It's been about 60 years since I read many of the books but I don't remember those 2 boarders or Gilbert going to Jamaica. But I may be wrong.

travelsafar Tue 10-Jul-18 08:02:23

Anyone else watching this delightful series on Netflix.

It is Anne of GreenGables of course.

I love it, such a gentle series of county folk back in the day.