Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Gogglebox!

(8 Posts)
Jane10 Wed 01-Aug-18 16:10:38

I do love Gogglebox. Lee and Jenny are lovely and Giles and Mary are always so entertaining.
It's not kind letting that girl appear as she does on the programme. Actually it's not kind letting her suck her thumb at all at her age.

rubytut Wed 01-Aug-18 15:38:05

Really like Gogglebox, so many great characters and a nose into their houses.

Jane43 Wed 01-Aug-18 15:20:20

I think I read that they stopped her appearing for a while because of unkind comments on social media. She is apparently now an apprentice hairdresser. The young son seems a lovely young man.

I think Jenny was going to Cyprus. I love the friendship between Jenny and Lee. I also like the relationship between Stephen the hairdresser and his Mum - and the three dogs.

The German man has some very sexist views.

MissAdventure Tue 31-Jul-18 22:59:31

I'm almost ashamed to say that my daughter and I used to say each time we saw her of late that she was growing..

wot Tue 31-Jul-18 22:56:40

She is getting bigger and bigger!

phoenix Tue 31-Jul-18 22:52:51

Thanks merlot, just watching it now on Channel 4, expect it probably is a repeat, but still find it not good to see someone of that age sucking their thumb!

merlotgran Tue 31-Jul-18 22:39:04

The son has an internship at No 10. So it might be a term of employment for him not to continue on Gogglebox.

I feel sorry for the daughter. She's a bright kid. Surely her parents could do something about her weight?

I guess you are watching repeats, phoenix as the last series has ended. One thing I remember was that Jenny (in the caravan) was going to spend the summer in Greece. Not near the wildfire I hope.

phoenix Tue 31-Jul-18 22:23:01

She's still sucking her thumb shock

They've changed the big leather sofa (at least 2 series ago) from one colour to another, the son doesn't seem to be in it anymore, but the daughter is still sucking her thumb!

I wonder if she is getting teased at school?