Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Sinner

(20 Posts)
LullyDully Sun 02-Dec-18 08:39:10

This was on BBC 4 last night. Intriguing. I can't say anything about it as I will spoil the plot. Well.worth a look. Can't wait for the next episode. It is American and about a housewife with a young child, but that's not all. Excellent TV. American Scandi noire.

tanith Sun 02-Dec-18 09:22:03

Is this the first series I looked for it on Netflix but could only find the second series?

Grannyknot Sun 02-Dec-18 09:44:38

Tanith yes it is series one that has just started on BBC.

Sparklefizz Sun 02-Dec-18 09:54:25

I've recorded it so will try and find time to watch it today or tomorrow.

tanith Sun 02-Dec-18 09:58:35

Thanks Grannyknot I’ll go watch it on iplayer then.

LullyDully Sun 02-Dec-18 10:20:56

Second series? That puts me off! Hate it when they keep things open just to milk it.

FlexibleFriend Sun 02-Dec-18 12:44:43

I'm currently watching series 1 on Netflix

travelsafar Sun 02-Dec-18 12:53:25

I watched this and found it all very bizarre, especially the bit relating to the black fingersnails!!!wink hoping the mystery will be solved in the following episodes.

Jane43 Sun 02-Dec-18 16:23:01

Another one to go in my notebook. Thank you.

FlexibleFriend Sun 02-Dec-18 19:54:11

Just watched the whole of series 1 on Netflix and really enjoyed it, will watch series 2 tomorrow.

trisher Tue 04-Dec-18 09:54:53

I was enjoying this but now I know there's a second series I'm not so sure!

Karanlouise Tue 04-Dec-18 10:54:26

I watched series 2 on Netflix and really enjoyed it, couldn't get into series 1 when I tried it a while ago. But i am going to go back and watch it now, going to treat it as a prequel. smile

FlexibleFriend Tue 04-Dec-18 11:28:01

I've now watched the whole second series and tbh it's a whole new story centered around the same detective, so those who were put off have no need to be as the first series is the complete story and series 2 is another complete story. I hope that makes sense as there are no cliff hangers. I loved both series and would wish for another.

sodapop Tue 04-Dec-18 13:09:15

The first one was interesting a bit predictable. Not sure the dominatrix added anything to the story .

FlexibleFriend Tue 04-Dec-18 14:22:54

It's part of the detectives back story.

notanan2 Tue 04-Dec-18 14:48:41

Series 1 is great. Series 2 starts okay but gets a bit ridiculous (not a spoiler as not central to the plot: how did the main detective character just NOT go back to his "day job" when asked to??? As if! And it got more far fetched thereafter).

Enjoyed series one thoroughly though. The dominatrix is to do with that character's flaws/history/issues giving him an insight into deranged psychology I think which he uses in his day job. I think.

seacliff Mon 10-Dec-18 20:21:52

I have just watched the first four parts of series 1, on BBC4. I think there are 2 more. I don't normally like American programmes so much, but this was really good, can't wait to see the ending, and see if my theory is correct.

I don't have Netflix, but hope I can find series 2 sometime.

lemongrove Mon 10-Dec-18 23:01:48

Yes, it’s intriguing and the plot is keeping me interested.
Well acted, especially by the main character.I wish detectives didn’t always have to be ‘flawed’ mind you!

Karanlouise Wed 12-Dec-18 09:17:51

Finished both series now and really enjoyed them, do think there were some holes in the first series but don't want to give any spoilers. Enjoy if you are still watching.

trisher Sun 23-Dec-18 14:28:33

Spoiler Alert. Really the ending was too much. More holes than a Swiss cheese. Honestly the writers must think they can sell us anything.Completely ruined Series 1 for me. There would have been a familial match for the body's DNA and Cora so they would have been investigating anyway and wouldn't the mother have asked about the sister's death?