Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Michael Portillo

(29 Posts)
Irisheyes Tue 05-Feb-19 20:50:33

Much as I enjoy his rail trips is it necessary for him to have a new outfit everyday and are the BBC paying. He carries no luggage, there’s a lackey out there somewhere.

Badenkate Sun 17-Feb-19 08:49:18

I enjoy the programmes - he goes to some very interesting places, and at the moment we're catching up with the Canadian ones. However, I must admit I'm not so keen on Michael Portillo himself. I wish he wouldn't shout at the beginning of the programme; I really hate the 'Michael is now going to have a go himself' sections - which seems to be a standard now in most of these type of programmes. And I can't forget that MIchael Portillo losing his seat in the 1997 election was the signal for my son and I to open the champagne!

gulligranny Sun 17-Feb-19 17:54:01

We've just caught up with Michael's Alaskan trip, which was fascinating. Didn't expect flowers! The scenery was stunning, and I do find MP a very engaging person. We aren't keen on the "presenter has a go" which is so prevalent now, my DH (who was a television lighting director) calls it the Blue Peter syndrome; but apart from that we really enjoy these rail trips both home and abroad.

Lovetopaint037 Sun 17-Feb-19 19:29:19

Love the outfits. It’s show business!