Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Cleaning Up Drama......(possible spoiler alert if you didnt see last episode)

(13 Posts)
bikergran Thu 14-Feb-19 07:29:17

Well..I caught up with all the other 5 episodes during last week quite enjoyed them although bit far fetched at times,, sat down to watch the final episode last night...anyone else?

Anja Thu 14-Feb-19 07:35:25

Gave up about halfway through.

BlueBelle Thu 14-Feb-19 07:43:02

I gave up half way through too Anja just so far fetched a woman who couldn’t manage a computer enough to do a cv could manage complicated financial deals I gave up soon after I saw her climbing into the ceiling fixing up a listening device while the management took about half an hour to walk across the office floors

bikergran Thu 14-Feb-19 07:45:18

yes I too agree far fetched but kept watching hoping it would improve you didnt miss anything with the last episode hmm

sodapop Thu 14-Feb-19 08:24:03

It was quite unbelievable a lot of the time, I thought the gambling addiction theme could have been explored more instead of being miraculously cured in the last episode.

Grannybags Thu 14-Feb-19 08:58:42

I gave up after a couple of episodes too. I tried to like woman but just couldn't warm to her. I didn't like the way she lied to everyone although I realise it was because of her gambling addiction. Glad I didn't miss anything!

Maggiemaybe Thu 14-Feb-19 09:19:19

It was completely daft, but I watched it to the end. No obvious security on areas/computers containing highly sensitive data, estranged dad not expected to pay a penny towards his children’s accommodation, the eldest daughter still at school though obviously at least 22.... I thought there might be a back story about the too good to be true lodger, the one with lots of cash to lend, but no.

Teetime Thu 14-Feb-19 09:29:35

I think it was awful to leave her as a kind of Robin Hood character rather than the criminal she was. Please I hope there isn't another series- won't watch it if there is.

Charleygirl5 Thu 14-Feb-19 09:45:25

I thought that 6 episodes were rather OTT. I do enjoy watching Sheridan Smith but this stretched any imagination. I agree, I hope there is not another series showing us how they were making money illegally and seemingly getting away with it.

Parsley3 Thu 14-Feb-19 09:45:53

I couldn’t warm to the character either. She lied, stole money from her lovely lodger, and even gambled away the handout from her ex. She had no loyalty to her friends and family and yet they stood by her. The people wanting their money back were portrayed as the villains. It was a poor drama and I watched it to the end in the hope of improvement because I like Sheridan Smith.

Jane43 Thu 14-Feb-19 13:31:21

It was very far-fetched and like others I found her character very unlikeable. I did see it through but wouldn’t watch another series if there is one.

varian Thu 14-Feb-19 13:40:09

After the first couple of episodes I thought it was a morality tale about the evils of gambling and did not expect it to end well.

Unfortunately the "underdog gets revenge and gets away with the loot" theme could well encourage some to think that's OK, or even justified.

travelsafar Thu 14-Feb-19 13:55:07

I didn't bother to even start watching this as i can't stand Sheridan Smith and all her previous series are much of a muchness.