Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Watch this, it is really good.....(on Amazon)

(5 Posts)
Jane43 Mon 18-Feb-19 22:32:22

I have seen New Amsterdam advertised on tv and it does look good so thank you for the heads up. NanKate you are right that Outlander is a love it or hate it story. A friend lent me the first book a few years ago but I just couldn’t get into it. Perhaps I should try the box set.

Auntieflo Mon 18-Feb-19 22:17:08

Kateykrunch. you can find the book on ABE books

NanKate Mon 18-Feb-19 16:59:13

My favourite on AP is Outlander all 4 series, however it is a love it or hate story. Set in 1940s, 1960s, 1970s and is a timeslip historical story set in Scotland, Paris and the America’s in the C17th.

Telly Mon 18-Feb-19 14:13:58

I spend more time scrolling though Amazon. Thanks for the tip, will give it a go. I did think that Series 1 of the Amazing Mrs Markel was good. Not so much Series 2.

Kateykrunch Mon 18-Feb-19 11:34:04

New Amsterdam......we have just binge watched it over the last couple of weeks). Its based on a true story of the Medical Director of a hospital in America. We binged it because it was just so good, like a good book that you cant put down. I would highly recommend it (it is based on his memoirs, called 12 Patients, Life and Death at Bellevue Hospital by Eric Manheimer). I am looking for the book, cheap, on ebay.