Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Archers Addicts.

(870 Posts)
merlotgran Mon 25-Mar-19 19:47:18

I'm starting this new thread as apparently our other one was over a year old!! shock

We'll have to do more gossiping to prevent this happening again.

Here's a link to the old one.

www.gransnet.com/forums/tv_radio_film_arts/1241862-The-Archers?msgid=27150464#27150464

Nannarose Tue 19-Nov-19 08:46:13

I think the whole hangover cure storyline was to place Joe at a pub called The Queen, so Joe's (and Edward Kelsey's) wish could be fulfilled.
To my mind, the complete nonsense of it (how did Joe get to The Queen without his family giving him a lift?) felt like a final, fun tribute.
I have realised that over the years (and I am old enough to remember Grace) the only storylines that have made me cry are Grundy ones.

Greeneyedgirl Tue 19-Nov-19 19:05:51

I agree about the Queen episode Nannarose but I disagree about Alf LullyDully, nobody can replace Joe, it's like trying to replace Walter Gabriel.

merlotgran Tue 19-Nov-19 19:30:33

It's all very boring at the moment.

eGJ Tue 19-Nov-19 21:29:50

Elizabeth is getting a bit too close to Russ and do we care about Jill anymore? Can’t warm to Joy yet either!

Sara65 Tue 19-Nov-19 21:33:44

Jill is one of my least favourite characters , I couldn’t care less who she marries.

Greeneyedgirl Wed 20-Nov-19 12:18:29

I don't mind Jill, it's smug controlling Peggy I can't stand. I guess when we've reached ultra boredom threshold they will pop Elizabeth + Russ into bed, perhaps discovered by Lilly, and let's not forget Ed and the chemicals still on the back burner.
BTW in case you think I'm gate crashing this post I'm not new, just reinvented!

AyjayF Tue 26-Nov-19 19:13:57

Is Phoebe really an Aldridge?
I thought her surname was Tucker ?

Sara65 Tue 26-Nov-19 19:24:20

Greeneyedgirl

I agree about Peggy. Jill, Peggy, Ruth, Pip don’t like any of them. Give me the Grundys any day

merlotgran Tue 26-Nov-19 19:34:56

Phoebe's father is Roy Tucker. Her mother is Kate, Brian and Jennifer's daughter.

I've just looked at the character list on the Archers website. The Tuckers used to have a section of their own but now there's only Roy left so he's been moved to 'other characters' and Phoebe is back with the Aldridge clan. hmm

eGJ Tue 26-Nov-19 20:19:55

I had hopes that at last Helen would settled down with Leigh, but he isn’t in next week’s cast! However there’s a “shock for Helen” on Friday 6th

Greeneyedgirl Tue 26-Nov-19 20:57:30

I hope it's not the lovely Rob eGJ. I thought they were priming us for his return by scaring us when Henry went AWOL whilst out shopping.....

Sara65 Tue 26-Nov-19 21:02:23

Where is Rob? I can’t remember

NfkDumpling Tue 26-Nov-19 22:13:38

Didn’t he begger off to Scotland or somewhere?

I’ve missed a few episodes, where have Tom and Whatshername gone?

LullyDully Wed 27-Nov-19 08:08:10

Or Linda come to that. I have been moaning about the annual panto but what of interest has replaced it? At least there will be a few of Jim's ghost tales.

Archers does seem pretty aimless at present. I even thought they had replaced Clarry, but I may be wrong.

PS surely there won't be room for all those Grundies in the house on the green. I thought it was just a two bedroom cottage.

Iam64 Wed 27-Nov-19 08:38:27

If the script writers put Elizabeth and Russ together, that's it for me. I'll have to take a sabbatical. I've been a daily or omnibus fan for years but recent months I've been irritated or bored in equal measure.
I wonder if I'm too old to enjoy the story lines being written by and possibly for, a younger audience.

merlotgran Wed 27-Nov-19 20:56:05

I think the scriptwriters are having a competition to see who can write the most boring storyline.

Jill and Leonard, Russ and Lizzie, re-wilding, Grundy's world of Christmas...…hmm

I was really hoping Rob would turn up in Underwoods. shock

Sara65 Wed 27-Nov-19 21:00:58

I like Tracey

merlotgran Wed 27-Nov-19 21:27:58

Yes. Tracey is the best character at the moment. I love her relationship with Lynda.

Greeneyedgirl Wed 27-Nov-19 21:30:59

There's still time Merlotgrin

Iam64 Wed 27-Nov-19 21:33:17

Greeneyed, I was about to respond to merlot with exactly your comment. Yes, there is still time for Mr Titch to appear

Sara65 Wed 27-Nov-19 21:34:01

Yes Tracey and Lynda, a good double act.

eGJ Sun 08-Dec-19 19:18:49

The Archers must have a good scriptwriter this week! No spoilers for you who haven’t listened yet, but all over the country I could hear people shouting “YES”!?

merlotgran Tue 10-Dec-19 21:34:37

So Helen is happy to break up another relationship in order to get what she wants?

You'd think Kenton would be buttering up to David to get the outside bars for the wedding venue not taking the piss. hmm

Neil should have known immediately that the food source is a likely cause of tail biting and it was Hannah who insisted on rushing the added nutrients. He is a numpty to let her walk all over him.

gulligranny Tue 10-Dec-19 22:05:25

We really hate Hannah, you just wouldn't talk to your boss like she does and expect to keep your job. A very nasty piece of work ....

Loved Lynda and Robert, and their "magic" !

LullyDully Wed 11-Dec-19 07:39:46

Let's hope Helen gets some luck in her life , Lee seems so different from the horrible Rob. I suppose he may come out of the woodwork one day. I am not sure if she is divorced, does anyone remember?