Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Archers Addicts.

(870 Posts)
merlotgran Mon 25-Mar-19 19:47:18

I'm starting this new thread as apparently our other one was over a year old!! shock

We'll have to do more gossiping to prevent this happening again.

Here's a link to the old one.

www.gransnet.com/forums/tv_radio_film_arts/1241862-The-Archers?msgid=27150464#27150464

1inamillion Sat 27-Apr-19 18:16:29

Yes Sara65 it is pointing that way and he's doing a good job at Lower Loxley isn't he?

Sara65 Sat 27-Apr-19 18:06:16

Is anyone wondering if there may be romance blossoming between Russ and Elizabeth?

LullyDully Sat 27-Apr-19 18:05:13

I agree with most of you above . Couldn't they contrive to bring back Nigel, his son is a poor shadow of his father, with a soppy voice?

Natasha can't have any love or indeed respect for poor old Tom to be so scathing. (Though half dead flowers and white Price's candles may have been " a bit much" for any of us.)

Perhaps the two of them could take over the farm and let Pat, Tony, Helen and the boys live above the shop.

Luckygirl Sat 27-Apr-19 18:03:02

They are really scraping the bottom of the barrel if they are resurrecting the stolen bunting story! Why? - just why?

Sara65 Sat 27-Apr-19 17:38:57

Oh yes, 1inamillion, I forgot Lillian, she’s a favourite of mine too. And I’ve always had a bit of a thing for long suffering Neil, always seems like such a kind man

1inamillion Sat 27-Apr-19 17:21:29

I agree with your likes and dislikes Sara65 I also like Lillian and her dirty laugh.
Phoenix my comment re Nocasha was ironic. I agree with you, I expect she's gone to Trev.
How will Tom explain what happened to Susan et al?
I used to dislike Shulah but have found her to be engaging since her divorce and crisis of faith.

Sycamore123 Sat 27-Apr-19 17:21:08

Haha !!!

phoenix Sat 27-Apr-19 16:55:55

Not just boring, Sycamore123 but bloody irritating as well! Yes, you've got a baby, yes, you are unlikely to get a full nights sleep, so have millions of other women, get over yourself, you whinging girl!

Sara65 Sat 27-Apr-19 16:54:50

I’ve listened to the Archers most of my life never like to miss it, and yet I really dislike a lot of the characters
I agree Pip is annoying, Alice is annoyingly as is Kate, Susan, Emmer, Will.......I could go on, and on and on
I do however like Brian, Lynda Snell is my favourite! I like Clarrie and Eddie, and am quite fond of Jolene!

Sycamore123 Sat 27-Apr-19 16:47:38

Speaking of Tom or anyone else in the cast it’s interesting how the various characters can be portrayed so well that we become irritated with them or maybe admired, I love Brian Aldridge’s voice. One character that does irritate me is Pip, the actress that played Pip prior to the present one was much more interesting and feisty, Pip the earth mother is boring!!!

Sara65 Sat 27-Apr-19 16:09:40

I suppose not! Well good!

fiorentina51 Sat 27-Apr-19 16:02:12

She wasn't happy.

Sara65 Sat 27-Apr-19 15:55:40

And then????

phoenix Sat 27-Apr-19 15:40:56

Well, sort of linamillion otherwise we wouldn't be listening! Off to see Trev, is my bet!

Sara65 bit of a basic summary, but Tom cooked a special dinner and told Nocasha that he had booked a self catering "honeymoon" somewhere not that far away! I think she was hoping for Barbados or similar at least, if not a Necker Island villa with a full set of staff.

Sara65 Sat 27-Apr-19 15:14:21

I missed all last week due to visitors, What special dinner? What’s going on????

1inamillion Sat 27-Apr-19 15:12:08

Do we care.........

1inamillion Sat 27-Apr-19 15:11:49

I agree LullyDully he always addressed people using their full title: ' Well I don't mind if I do David Archer'!

That was a car crash of a 'special' dinner for Tom and Nocasha. Not the honeymoon the high maintenance new Mrs Archer envisaged. Packing her bags was a bit of an over reaction even for her. Where will she go do you all suppose??

LullyDully Fri 26-Apr-19 08:12:28

The wonderful thing about Joe was that he always told you who he was talking to..... " Young Toby". So I didn't get my young men mixed up!

Nanoo15 Fri 26-Apr-19 07:45:52

Thank you Lully and apologies for not having read the previous posts on Joe Grundy before posting mine. Anyway, looking forward to lots more gossip!

Elrel Thu 25-Apr-19 23:58:59

The Grundy family were, apparently, brought in to provide light relief. Not a lot of that recently with the loss of Nic, Eddie and Emma’s money and job worries, Mia’s stress over both maths and ‘adolescing’, and now the real life death of the excellent Edward Kelsey. He will be much missed both in TA and by listeners, a fine actor whose voice was never confused with others in the cast.

phoenix Thu 25-Apr-19 20:30:52

Me too Lully usually listen while washing up.

However also listen to the omnibus on Sunday morning too blush

LullyDully Thu 25-Apr-19 20:04:23

Welcome Nanoo there are quite a lot of Archers fans here. I can not miss it sadly. My peace and quiet after supper.

Nanoo15 Thu 25-Apr-19 18:45:47

Only just seen this thread - bliss! Don’t know anyone else who listens so this is great. The actor who plays Joe Grundy has just died, I shall miss him and very worried about his grandson Ed, think he is going to get into big trouble with his new driving job. Oh dear.

1inamillion Thu 25-Apr-19 18:28:26

Yes Maw I meant Tony! blush

eGJ Thu 25-Apr-19 18:23:29

I’ll raise a (large) glass of cider tonight to Joe,! Anyone else joining me??