Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Line of Duty

(371 Posts)
Lily65 Tue 26-Mar-19 20:01:07

Oh wow! I have gone back to episode one and it is so good, so relevant.

Lazigirl Mon 06-May-19 09:42:55

I really enjoyed this series but think they're spinning it out a bit too long now, and the ending was a little unsatisfactory. It was obvious about Ms Bigelow from a few episodes back I think. I also think Ted did tell the chap in prison about Corbett, and will now try to make amends. AC12 do not necessarily play by the book, and manipulate the law when it suits, so line between goodies and baddies isn't always clear cut.

tanith Mon 06-May-19 09:43:29

Ryan was also the one who killed John and the other OCG member never did get his name.

Gonegirl Mon 06-May-19 09:57:26

I have had it all explained to me. I now understand most some of it.

Thought it quite remarkable that Ted managed to end up at Corbett's grave just at the point the wife was there, so he could give her the extra money. But still...

I liked the way at the end Steve had to shoot a baddie, just like Ted had to at the end of the last series.

Charleygirl5 Mon 06-May-19 10:04:55

Thanks tanith the problem is my memory does not go back that far- I cannot remember a thing from the last series- like others I will have to watch the lot before series 6 starts but nearer the time. If I watched it all now I would have forgotten most of it.

Gonegirl Mon 06-May-19 10:05:55

Kitty the AC3 woman had sent the AC12 armed police away after the interview but Steve and Kate got them back again when they realised there was no armed guard there. Steve and Kate turned their guns on them because they realised one of them could be bent and was gonna spring Gill.

annodomini Mon 06-May-19 10:07:20

The 'machine gun' interview style was terrifying. I wonder how realistic it was.

Gonegirl Mon 06-May-19 10:07:23

...might have been gonna spring Gill.

Because Gill used her phone to tell OCG to get her out of there.

Riverwalk Mon 06-May-19 10:13:19

Is Ted old enough to be Corbett's dad?

He seemed genuinely upset at his death and was close to his mother, I think.

kittylester Mon 06-May-19 10:13:52

Ooh, I'd forgotten that bit. I'm glad you now get it gonegirl. I shall refer to you in future!!! grin

Does anyone know when the next one starts. How long have we got to revise?

Gonegirl Mon 06-May-19 10:16:30

Ted isn't Corbett's dad.He apparently just got friendly with Anne-Marie. No one knows if it was more than that. Ted was so upset because it was the little lad that Anne-Marie already had when Ted knew her. (Corbett)

GrannyGravy13 Mon 06-May-19 10:17:15

J52 didn't Ryan kill John?

Riverwalk Mon 06-May-19 10:17:37

It hasn't been written yet Kitty!

I heard the actress who plays Lisa say so on the radio

Gonegirl Mon 06-May-19 10:21:44

It could be left open as to whether Ted was the dad of Corbett. Apparently people on social meedja are saying there was something on the gravestone that might have pointed to it. Don't think anyone knows.

eazybee Mon 06-May-19 10:52:27

Disappointed in the final episode; I was expecting dreary Adrian Dunbar would go this time, if only to prison. Too many cliches: 'only doing our job, sir', and the inevitable arrival of the stormtroopers armed police.
But it was worth it for the luminous Anna Maxwell-Martin. I was so hoping she would take over from Tedious Ted.

Iam64 Mon 06-May-19 12:17:38

eazybee-how very dare you, ted is our hero. Also if you dislike it so much, you could turn it off. Kate could solve Brexit if Steve helped her “only doing our job sir” ?????

Lilypops Mon 06-May-19 13:41:30

When Ted came out of the police cell, he looked as though he had a blow dry, his hair looked very well coiffed, !!

lemongrove Mon 06-May-19 13:51:30

A brilliant last episode IMHO, there will be another series, but I do think it should really be the last.....go out on a high.

Callistemon Mon 06-May-19 13:56:18

dreary? confused

not if you were concentrating!!

Sirius Mon 06-May-19 16:04:32

Sorry if I'm being very dense - but was Ryan the little lad who taunted Tony Gates in the first series?

Nandalot Mon 06-May-19 16:54:05

On the whole a good episode though I found the Morse code indicating there was another caddy a bit too much of an afterthought to pave way for next series. (Or 2 as H is still to be found).
Also DD pointed out for all their witness protection status, Lisa and Gina don’t really seem to have offered much that makes a dent in the OCG. I think they would have had to have given them a great deal in real life!

Maggiemaybe Mon 06-May-19 17:15:13

I don’t remember the taunting, Sirius, but probably- Ryan’s been around from the start.

I still feel that John was Ted’s son, and that was why he visited Ann-Marie so often back in the day (though he did say he’d not met John). I think he and John’s wife would have arranged to meet in the graveyard, so no coincidence.

I thought the interview scenes last night were brilliantly done (I could hardly bear to dash into the kitchen when my gin needed topping up). I did have to shush DH though when he kept referring to Brandyce as K D (Lang) and commented that she’d have to go back to trawling through Roy Orbison’s back catalogue when she was given her dressing down by Ma’am.

Ilovecheese Mon 06-May-19 17:52:12

Sirius yes, that was Ryan. Lisa can't have told ac12 about Ryan joining the police, even though she had immunity in exchange for information.

Callistemon Mon 06-May-19 17:59:30

I could hardly bear to dash into the kitchen when my gin needed topping up)
grin

and kd Lang grin grin

Lily65 Mon 06-May-19 19:53:43

The first few series were so vibrant. Series 3, stunning.

I wish people wouldn't flog away at something once the spark has gone.

Sussexborn Mon 06-May-19 20:12:16

Loved it. So rare to have a series that gets better every season. I thought I heard somewhere that the next series is the last one. Best to go out whilst the vast majority of the public are still in thrall.