Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Darcy - who to replace her on Strictly?

(22 Posts)
Sparklefizz Mon 15-Apr-19 11:30:20

I love Darcy Bussell and am so sorry that she will be leaving the Strictly panel. She is gracious and knows her stuff. Who would be good enough to replace her? I'd hate it to be someone like Alesha Dixon who had only recently been taught to dance herself, and who was patronising to older contestants, telling them that they were "adorable". I'd prefer it to be a woman to balance up the panel. Who would you choose?

Nannylovesshopping Mon 15-Apr-19 11:33:53

My vote is for the lovely Anton, so much experience and
lovely with it?

Nonnie Mon 15-Apr-19 11:36:40

I think it should be Anton too, he would bring humour and a different perspective. I'm not a big fan of Dame D so not bothered that she has left. I always felt that someone had told her what to say, after all its not ballet!

Buffybee Mon 15-Apr-19 11:45:52

I've read somewhere that they're thinking about Bonnie Langford to replace Darcey.
I too would love Anton to get the job but perhaps he might think it's too early to hang up his dancing shoes.

JessK Mon 15-Apr-19 11:48:23

One of the weekend papers suggested it might be Bonnie Langford. I think I would prefer Anton but they may go for a female member.

Sparklefizz Mon 15-Apr-19 12:04:10

I'd like Arlene Phillips to come back. She's an expert and she was forced out years ago very unfairly in my opinion. I don't think I could stand Bonnie Langford.

Anniebach Mon 15-Apr-19 12:07:21

I too think Arlene Phillips

trisher Mon 15-Apr-19 12:07:33

If Bonnie Langford is chosen I shall Scweam and scweam until I'm thick.

Alima Mon 15-Apr-19 12:29:45

I would like Karen Hardy to become a judge. Probably biased as I think the year when she won with Mark Ramprakash was the best ever on Strictley. Also would like to see Anton or Bonnie Langford. (Had never heard of Shirley before she took over from Len and she has been great). Reckon if it is anything like last time the BBC will completely cpnfound us all.

Nonnie Mon 15-Apr-19 12:35:38

Oh no, not Bonnie L please. Yes, bringing Arlene back would be great, she knows what she is talking about. Someone with common sense, humour and not with a silly voice please!

Lily65 Mon 15-Apr-19 12:59:16

I think this programme has become rather sad. Z list " celebs".

If I had to choose a judge, I would prefer somebody who knows the difference between was and were.

Charleygirl5 Mon 15-Apr-19 13:07:52

Not Bonnie Langford- it should be somebody who can dance and knows a lot about it. Alesha Dixon was dire.

I also like Anton but maybe it should be two males and two females.

Karen Hardy would be good, she knows what she is talking about.

I also would love Arlene to return. She was very badly treated.

Millie22 Mon 15-Apr-19 13:55:24

I would like Karen Hardy to be the new judge. I don't think I could watch if Bonnie Langford was chosen.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 15-Apr-19 14:21:50

Karen Hardy or Erin Boag would be my female choices.

Anton Du Beke would be brilliant in my opinion.

Not sure that Arlene Phillips would go back?

Susan56 Mon 15-Apr-19 14:36:26

I agree Karen Hardy or Erin Boag are my female choices.My male choices would be Anton or Ian Waite.

Teetime Mon 15-Apr-19 14:41:18

Ian Waite for me.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 15-Apr-19 14:46:48

Oh yes Ian Waite probably better than Anton.

eazybee Mon 15-Apr-19 15:00:00

I am sorry Darcey Bussell is leaving.
Anyone apart from Karen Hardy; she is a very experienced dancer but I cannot stand all the 'Oh I am so sexy' wiggles and innuendos.

vintanner Mon 15-Apr-19 15:07:29

Anton

Teetime Mon 15-Apr-19 17:10:16

I do wish the judges would prance and preen their way onto the stage and then expect to be taken seriously by the dancers and the public.

HildaW Mon 15-Apr-19 19:56:00

No firm opinion as to who they should choose but it must be someone with real professional experience in some area of dance and performance - someone who has an opinion we can respect even if not agree with. Another female would certainly be good. I might be going against the grain here but perhaps someone a little younger than the average age of the 'panel' - something a little more in line with the age they were when they started on Strictly.

Sara65 Mon 15-Apr-19 20:06:17

I agree Anton would be best, I too don’t think I could stand Bonnie Langford, but I think she has a dance background, I’m not keen onKaren either, she’s a bit silly for my taste! I’m sure we’ll get used to whoever they select, wasn’t too keen on Shirley at first, but like her now