Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Ghosts

(41 Posts)
Wheniwasyourage Wed 17-Apr-19 09:43:48

Did anyone else enjoy this? We are really looking forward to the next episode. I think I'm right in saying that it is from the Horrible Histories stable, and that is another programme we love.

Labaik Mon 06-May-19 23:29:43

Was in tears right from the start watching tonight's episode...

Avor2 Tue 14-May-19 16:19:02

Maybelle they are plague ghosts so can't go upstairs !! I love the programme, makes me giggle, and no-one swears, its great fun, good old Horrible Histories, so clever.

Labaik Tue 14-May-19 17:46:57

It just gets better and better. Only one more episode, though. Mind you, I watch them several times and still laugh my head off. Although Robin is so sweet sometimes I want to cry, too...

Deedaa Tue 14-May-19 20:55:07

Loved the dreadful dinner party!

Wheniwasyourage Tue 14-May-19 21:32:40

It is great, isn't it? And apparently there's a DVD so we can watch it again after it goes off iPlayer!

LullyDully Wed 15-May-19 08:12:51

Charlotte's face says it all.

As time goes on I am trying to decide who is my favourite ghost. I have a soft spot for the woman burnt at the stake. Her use of language is such a delight. " I always do smell burning. "

Labaik Wed 15-May-19 09:22:09

Of course; I'd got it in my head that she'd died in the Great Fire of London [and had probably been the person responsible for starting it]. I think she's now probably my favourite but I do love Robin [why is he called Robin ?]. So many catchphrases in one show !

Labaik Tue 28-May-19 14:08:48

Second series given the go ahead. Hurrah !!!

Franbern Tue 28-May-19 17:06:46

I was introduced to this quite late, last weekend when visiting son and DiL. Watched the first five episodes there and the sixth and final one when it was on.
Really enjoyed this, as has been said, quirky, gentle fun and good comedy. Glad there is going to be a second series.

Labaik Tue 28-May-19 17:25:31

They almost got it on before the watershed but I think some of it was too scary [it scared me, anyway]; but lots of people seem to watch it with their children and the catchphrases have become part of their lives...I now need to watch Horrid Histories and Yonderland.

Maybelle Tue 28-May-19 17:53:14

Good to hear there will be a second series. Planning to rewatch the first series again to cat h the bits I may have missed.

lemongrove Tue 28-May-19 18:00:21

Scary? ?
Yonderland is great btw.

Avor2 Tue 28-May-19 20:48:25

Love it, funny, not rude, no swearing, and I love Robin the stone age fella.

LullyDully Wed 29-May-19 08:15:47

But I missed it this week. Come back soon.

Washerwoman Wed 29-May-19 08:31:58

So pleased there's going to be another series.I am going to rewatch all the episodes because it's a long time since something has made me chuckle so much.Such lovely,gentle, silly humour.Just what we all need.And yes I'm a but in love with Robin.How weird !