Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Bodies Jed Mercurio on IPlayer

(31 Posts)
seacliff Tue 23-Apr-19 17:22:49

Any fans of Line of Duty? I just watched this entire two series and finale, made in 2004, by the same writer. Certainly not for the faint hearted, but really gripping.

It's very good but extremely graphic and gory - I fast forwarded through those operating table close ups.

Ilovecheese Tue 23-Apr-19 18:31:57

WARNING! Do not watch if anyone you know is pregnant! Brilliant series.

kittylester Tue 23-Apr-19 18:34:59

I loved it on TV!

1inamillion Sat 27-Apr-19 15:15:25

Mercurio has said that he believes Bodies to be his best work.

morethan2 Sun 28-Apr-19 14:37:04

I started watching after reading this thread. I’ve been watching it on iPlayer or should I say I’ve watched 1/2 and listened to the other 1/2 hiding behind a cushion shouting to my husband “tell me when the gory bits have finished” It’s fascinating, stomach churning, horrifying and very very good. The acting is superb. I would say it’s better than his line of duty series. The only problem is It’s so believable it’s put me off ever going into hospital.

Namsnanny Sun 28-Apr-19 14:48:08

Thanks for the heads up sea cliff!
Off to look it up to watch on Tuesday....usually boring on the box and a quiet day for me! smile

Ilovecheese Sun 28-Apr-19 14:48:30

I suppose it is so believable because he was actually a doctor, whereas he has never been a "bent copper"

Lily65 Wed 01-May-19 19:41:30

I'm enjoying this although how quickly things date!

Some very good actors.

Jane43 Fri 03-May-19 10:52:25

Ooh thanks for this recommendation seacliff, I am constantly looking for something decent to watch. I watched part of the first episode of series one yesterday and it is definitely fir me.

leyla Fri 03-May-19 10:57:57

We are in the middle of watching it now (recommended by a friend) - it's brilliant. Can't believe we missed it when it was on!

seacliff Fri 03-May-19 11:13:44

Oh I'm glad some of you are enjoying it too. It is so well written and acted, such a good programme, but quite shocking.

Worryingly it's apparently very true to life, a real eye opener to what sometimes goes on behind the scenes of a hospital. If I'm ever in again, it will be on my mind!

Jane43 Sat 04-May-19 14:11:30

I’ve watched the first series, excellent stuff but not for the faint hearted or squeamish. I have to say I’m glad I don’t have a gynaecology appointment any time soon.

dahlia Sat 04-May-19 17:03:22

We watched "Bodies" first time around, and it was so good, but you are right about the graphic physicality of it all. How I loathed the consultant and the hospital manager who only cared about foundation trust status. Having worked in the NHS for many years, I know such people exist! Also enjoyed Jed Mercurio's earliest series "Cardiac Arrest".

travelsafar Sat 04-May-19 22:37:36

Started to watch this this evening and am hooked. Just can't believe what i am seeing in terms of the lying and malipulating that is going on plus of course the dreadful things happening to the patients. Really, really hope this is not a true indicator of what is going on in our hospitals, but i fear it might be close to the truth!!!! Watch it if you dare but be prepared to be horrified!!!

Jane43 Tue 07-May-19 21:53:39

I’ve now watched series 2. I don’t know how Jed Mercurio does it, amazing stuff. Cardiac Arrest is next on my list and I believe he’s done another medical series ‘Critical’.

travelsafar Wed 08-May-19 08:32:34

Jane43 He is an amazing person. Where are you finding Cardiac Arrest please?

J52 Wed 08-May-19 08:50:27

Totally hooked. I found it on I player at the Weekend and am now up to S2 ep.7 . I plan to watch the rest while ironing, this morning.
It is very graphic, I’m so glad I’m past childbearing age! But will have to blank it from my mind if I ever have to go into hospital!
The in fighting, back stabbing of the staff is amazingly worrying.
Not for the squeamish or faint hearted.

NanKate Wed 08-May-19 17:06:43

I shall start watching this tonight. I love a lovely long series to binge watch. Thanks for the recommendation.

seacliff Wed 08-May-19 17:38:58

Yes I'd like to watch Cardiac Arrest too, but it's not available on iplayer.

Namsnanny Sun 12-May-19 14:48:32

I wouldn’t watch this first time around as I hate medical drama and fear hospitals!! Now I know jedm I thought I’d give it a go.
Fear hospitals more now?
Going to finish the series (from behind a cushion!!) because it’s so well done.

NanKate Sun 12-May-19 14:55:03

Sadly I had to give up too much much blood and despair in episode 1 of the first series.

Jane43 Mon 13-May-19 18:47:37

Cardiac arrest series 1 is on You Tube.

Jane43 Mon 13-May-19 18:49:36

Series 2 is on You Tube as well. Does anybody know how many series there were?

Ilovecheese Mon 13-May-19 19:08:39

There were two series and a follow up finale.

Jane43 Mon 13-May-19 20:04:18

Hopefully zi will be able to watch them both on You Tube then.