Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The customer is always right.

(4 Posts)
trisher Fri 10-May-19 17:11:59

Is anyone else watching this? It's my new guilty pleasure. I am amazed by the things that people have developed and think others will buy. Some of them are just bizarre. So I wondered if anyone on GN has an invention they think the rest of us couldn't manage without?

fourormore Wed 15-May-19 10:14:03

Trisher, I can't believe you haven't had responses as I too am hooked to this programme. Like you say some of the items are bizarre but some so simple that you wonder why no one thought of them before!
There was a similar programme on several months ago - I can't remember what it was called but the 'inventor' had so many minutes (3?) to promote their item and if the audience were interested they lit up lights. If a certain number of lights were lit, more questions (including the price!) could be asked with the opportunity to put your light out if no longer interested. Any lights still on meant sales!
We saw a refillable roll on sun lotion gadget and have since bought some - they are brilliant.
My invention would be a door that, when you come into a changing room after swimming, you could walk through and come out the other side dry and dressed!!! grin I doubt if that will happen in my lifetime!

Parsley3 Wed 15-May-19 10:42:07

I am watching this programme. It is really interesting and I would love to buy some of the inventions. The people who test the products are hilarious. They often don’t read the instructions (guilty of this myself) and don’t look at the potential of the invention if they can’t see a personal use for it.
My invention would be a bed that rocks me gently back to sleep when I wake up in the middle of the night. A cradle for adults.

trisher Wed 15-May-19 10:47:56

Thanks for these replies I was beginning to think it was only me that was hooked. I want something to enable me to chase after 4 year old grandson -he has suggested that what I really need is a scooter!