Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Keeping Faith - new series

(41 Posts)
GrandmaKT Sun 12-May-19 10:20:09

According to the Sunday Times, a new series of Keeping Faith is starting tonight at 9 pm in Welsh on S4C (Un Bore Mercher), and "then on BBC iPlayer".
I've just searched on iPlayer and there is no mention of a new series, so it looks as if the BBC is intent on burying it as they did the first series. Keep an eye out for it!!

Anniebach Sun 12-May-19 10:26:18

After it’s been on S4C it will be on BBC Wales

Maggiemaybe Sun 12-May-19 14:18:40

I got a bit tired of series 1 towards the end, but that is it/is it not him? ending will no doubt have me sucked in again. smile

Pittcity Sun 12-May-19 14:21:32

I can get S4C on my Virgin TV package. Does anyone know if I can get English subtitles?

NanKate Sun 12-May-19 14:48:49

Thanks for the info Grandma. I loved the first series and watched it twice. I listen to the theme tune from the series by Amy Wadge regularly, it is just wonderful.

NanKate Sun 12-May-19 14:51:51

Just found out the English version will be on the BBC this summer.

Namsnanny Sun 12-May-19 14:54:00

I liked the series but I was sick of Faith lying on her back ‘ruminating’ !! Nearly every episode her or another woman would throw themselves down dramatically and gaze into the distance.
Wore a bit thin come the end.

Namsnanny Sun 12-May-19 14:57:45

BTW..when I first read the title of this thread I thought it was referring to ‘Faith’ the tv program with Lynda Bellingham!
That was quite good back in the day😊

Nandalot Sun 12-May-19 15:09:11

So did I , Namsnanny!

Pittcity Sun 12-May-19 22:01:38

Hooray, yes you can get English subtitles.
No lying on her back in the first episode!!!

Namsnanny Sun 12-May-19 23:01:03

Pittcity…..Thanks I can relax now!! smile

Jomarie Sun 12-May-19 23:04:50

I loved it and look forward to the summer !

oldgimmer1 Mon 10-Jun-19 15:21:57

It's on iplayer under S4C (in case you haven't found it yet).

Gonegirl Mon 10-Jun-19 17:14:00

shock Oh, but if I watch it now it won't be the same in the summer. What to do?

Luckylegs Mon 10-Jun-19 19:06:31

I did too, Namsnanny. I loved that programme, particularly the theme tune. Do you remember it? “The World is what you make it mm mm”!

NanKate Mon 10-Jun-19 19:49:25

If you have Alexa you can ask for the theme music of Keeping Faith by Amy Wadge Luckylegs. I often listen as the music was just beautiful.

oldgimmer1 Mon 17-Jun-19 20:41:37

I'm not fussed on it myself, but it's better in Welsh.

It's weird seeing Welsh-speaking actors who would normally speak to one another in Welsh, speaking English! Unnatural.

Same with Hinterland.

Lisagran Mon 17-Jun-19 20:55:07

I think Eve Myles was great in the role. I heard her speak about it last year at Hay Festival. She learned Welsh for the series (although born in Wales, she didn’t speak Welsh); she’s very driven.

Pittcity Mon 17-Jun-19 21:33:03

Just watched the last episode of series 2 with subtitles. I didn't enjoy it as much as the first series. No spoilers.....

Shirleyw Sun 28-Jul-19 20:22:15

Watched series two back to back today on iplayer (whilst sewing daughter a skirt and started a couple dresses for the granddaughters). ....waited till it came out in English ...still enjoyed it....was surprised how Evan turned out but I suppose it wasn't going to be straight forward lol

fizzers Sun 28-Jul-19 20:25:40

Have watched the first two episodes on iplayer, will binge watch the rest later on this week.

Lisagran Tue 30-Jul-19 10:45:06

Anyone watched all of series 2 yet? I have and wondered what you thought of it? No spoilers if you’re still watching smile

FlexibleFriend Tue 30-Jul-19 11:44:53

i watched the whole of series two and enjoyed it, there's clearly going to be another series.

TerriBull Tue 30-Jul-19 12:25:49

We are in the process of watching the second series, and are both enjoying it very much, my husband really likes Eve Myles, gappy teeth and her general scatiness seems to appeal .I like the way she seems to effortlessly get her hair up and those vertiginous heels that she sometimes wears in the most inappropriate places, such as the beach. I think the eldest girl, Alyce is such a great little actress, very convincing. As before, gorgeous setting, love their house and it's outlook. We are about 4 episodes in and have to rein ourselves in a bit not to binge on all of it. Only thing worth watching at the moment imo, massively gone off "Killing Eve" have found the 2nd series of that a real disappointment.

They've changed the actress who plays Gael Reardon just remembered where I've seen her before, Baptiste's wife.

TerriBull Tue 30-Jul-19 12:28:03

Also forgot to say love the music, I Googled Amy Wadge, she has co written with Ed Sheeran, great voice.