Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Keeping Faith - new series

(42 Posts)
GrandmaKT Sun 12-May-19 10:20:09

According to the Sunday Times, a new series of Keeping Faith is starting tonight at 9 pm in Welsh on S4C (Un Bore Mercher), and "then on BBC iPlayer".
I've just searched on iPlayer and there is no mention of a new series, so it looks as if the BBC is intent on burying it as they did the first series. Keep an eye out for it!!

Lisagran Tue 30-Jul-19 13:32:03

Yes, FlexibleFriend, almost certainly a third series! Pretty open-ended.
Yes, TerriBull, I love Eve Myles - she makes the drama work; I don’t think the other actors are as good on the whole. The children are really good though - the middle girl I thought was superb. I thought Evan and his ‘father’ needed a bit more “oomph”. LOVE the Welsh setting - we go to that area a lot.

NanKate Thu 01-Aug-19 08:08:13

100% for me. Such great acting and convoluted storylines which really make me think. Can’t wait for series 3.

TerriBull Thu 01-Aug-19 08:24:10

Only 6 episodes sad over all too quickly. Given it's following now I think the production team are going to have to up their output to match those US series, 12 or 13 episodes plea........se, otherwise the kids will be well on their way to being grown up, Alyce will have left home and Faith will be going through the menopause when we get to series 3.

Day6 Sat 03-Aug-19 12:20:20

I am hoping the second series will get better. Only two episodes in.

Irritates by far too many shots of Faith doing nothing much but ruminating in semi-darkness. It's very slow.

merlotgran Fri 16-Aug-19 10:48:52

I've binge watched all of it so I won't give away any spoilers but it picks up and I think it has a better ending than the first series.

Obviously it leaves the way open for a third.

BlueBelle Fri 16-Aug-19 11:36:59

I m enjoying it (I think) I think she’s a believable actress but it is SO dark all the scenes bar the courtroom seem to be set in half light Have you ever seen such a busy household everyone except her seems to look after the kids no wonder they re mixed up The middle girl plays a good part what the heck as she ever seen in boring Evan how come I can’t wrote that without going E-van in my brain
Got two more episodes to watch

BlueBelle Fri 16-Aug-19 17:32:57

Just watched it all why do I like Steve Baldini ?

merlotgran Fri 16-Aug-19 17:41:43

Why do I like Arhur? ?

merlotgran Fri 16-Aug-19 17:42:35

Arthur

toscalily Fri 16-Aug-19 18:08:20

Watched the first 4 episodes when televised but then decided to watch on i player as I was impatient to see how it ended, an acceptable ending. She is quite a character so maybe they will do another series. But, I got really, really annoyed with Faith sliding down walls & forever sitting or laying on the floor wherever she was, including prison, store rooms, gyms, wet rocks and damp banks outside cemeteries, few hygiene issues there I would think.

Jane10 Fri 16-Aug-19 20:30:36

Faith is such a mess as is her whole life yet, somehow, we care about her. She's obviously a very good actress.
Steve's lovely!

humptydumpty Sat 17-Aug-19 20:02:15

Just watched Episode 3 of series 2, why doesn't she just say to Evan he should take things slowly and stay somehere else initially, not fair on Alys.

Lisagran Sat 17-Aug-19 22:11:12

Bearded or clean- shaven, BlueBelle?

BlueBelle Sat 17-Aug-19 22:45:09

It’s so weird he’s the opposite of any man I ve ever coo-d over but I find him a bit appealing
Don’t mind either lisagran as I don’t actually find him attractive but there’s definitely something that beckons me not at all sure what
I d give him a cuddle any day ?

Lisagran Sat 17-Aug-19 22:48:40

I absolutely agree BlueBelle - I think in spite of being “a bit of rough” he has that caring, vulnerable side that is appealing?

dahlia Wed 04-Sep-19 20:04:48

I watch this series when my DH is out, as he can't stand it! But I just love the way Faith falls apart and can give in to her emotions so freely, at regular intervals - no buttoned-up training for her! And the children are brilliant, they are completely convincing and pull at my heart strings. So I guess I enjoy it, though not sure where it is going.