Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Jokey TV presenting.

(15 Posts)
Sara65 Mon 13-May-19 12:58:52

I LOVE strictly! But every time Claudia makes one of her stupid jokes, I cringe!!!

She’s an intelligent woman, why does she do it????

Luckygirl Mon 13-May-19 12:53:15

Oh I so agree - it must be a feature of old-womanhood. It truly gets up my wick. What is all this silly banter for I wonder?

shysal Mon 13-May-19 11:34:26

It must be the wish of the producers/directors mustn't it? They probably think it wins viewers. Perhaps the presenters themselves have little say in the matter.

NanKate Mon 13-May-19 11:20:32

I agree ShySal. I have to take off the sound on Strictly when those two awful presenters start their banter. They are paid so much to present such tripe IMO.

KatyK Mon 13-May-19 11:05:00

That's why I couldn't stand Mel and Sue on Bake Off. They thought they were funny. They weren't (in my opinion).

Sara65 Mon 13-May-19 11:00:48

Stopped watching one show years ago!

Sara65 Mon 13-May-19 10:59:58

I completely agree about Location Location Location, I used to love it, but I want to see the houses, not listen to their rubbish

MiniMoon Mon 13-May-19 09:48:34

I've gone right off The One Show. I used to enjoy it, but now it too has become rather silly. Matt Baker is beginning to grate on me. Perhaps it's just me.

aggie Mon 13-May-19 09:47:05

Bradley I can enjoy wink

Charleygirl5 Mon 13-May-19 09:42:32

I could not agree more and even BBC Breakfast has joined in and at times the banter is such I think they forget they have a viewing audience.

I quite agree with Phil and Kirsty so now I record it so I can fast forward their silly remarks.

Bradley Walsh on The Chase is another but I cannot record everything.

PamelaJ1 Mon 13-May-19 09:42:18

It seems to have invaded the media.
Everything seems to be manic.
Perhaps it’s because we have such short attention spans and an inability to process hard ‘stuff’!

lovebeigecardigans1955 Mon 13-May-19 09:41:27

I didn't see this but I wonder if Sandi was just trying to be funny as she is a comedienne and felt it was expected of her.

aggie Mon 13-May-19 09:40:27

Oh yes ! I nearly turned off the Chelsea show programme . Some of the jokey stuff you can see the sane people wincing too

Alima Mon 13-May-19 09:37:01

No, I thoroughly agree. Their idea of jokey presenting is very often inane rubbish. Don’t watch a lot now, it can get so silly and even worse edgey. Same with listening to presenters I suppose. Must be me.

shysal Mon 13-May-19 09:26:37

Am I alone in disliking the silly jokey presenting these days? Last night's programme about preparation for the Chelsea flower was spoilt for me by Sandi Toksvig trying to be funny. For instance, an alarm went off so she raced off with the first aid kit which contained biscuits. I enjoy Location, Location, Location but it is now spoilt by the silly childish banter between Phil and Kirstie. I do have a sense of humour but it is wearing a bit thin.