Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

"Celebrity" ; Gogglebox?

(32 Posts)
phoenix Wed 19-Jun-19 22:10:39

Who on earth are they?

So far there are only 2, possibly 3 that I recognise! confused

Blinko Wed 19-Jun-19 22:23:53

Rather like so called 'Celebrity' Pointless. I find I don't recognise two thirds of em. Mind you, we don't watch any soaps....

merlotgran Wed 19-Jun-19 22:23:54

It annoys me when celebrities jump on a bandwagon made popular by Mr. and Mrs. Ordinary.

MasterChef, Bake Off, Mastermind et al.

I'm expecting to see Charlotte Moffatt back on Gogglebox any time soon - as a celebrity.

Eloethan Wed 19-Jun-19 23:06:37

I don't care that I don't recognise some of them but I do care that they were extremely boring and not half as entertaining as the non-celebrities.

crystaltipps Thu 20-Jun-19 05:46:03

I liked Sheila Hancock and Giles Brandreth, but other than that, no. The non celeb version much better.

phoenix Thu 20-Jun-19 07:39:17

I agree, the ordinary version is much better.

Gave up on it and went to bed.

Auntieflo Thu 20-Jun-19 08:01:54

Glad I'm not the only one who only recognised about two, and they were not funny. Also much prefer the 'normal' version. (apologies to DH who can't stand it)

Pittcity Thu 20-Jun-19 08:07:51

Rylan's Mum doesn't do us Essex girls any favours!

BlueBelle Thu 20-Jun-19 08:10:44

I too didn’t recognise half of them and they’re kind of trying to follow the format Ryan and mum= hairdresser and mum =Giles and Sheila = Mary and whatsit
Yes boring no where near as good as the original

Anniebach Thu 20-Jun-19 08:18:35

I recognised Amelia and Laurence Fox, he is very fond of the ‘f’ word.

merlotgran Thu 20-Jun-19 08:53:15

It took me ages to recognise Emilia Fox without her blond hair. Laurence looked quite dishy for a change.

Beckett Thu 20-Jun-19 09:02:04

So it's a programme where you watch people watching TV - and they have made a "celebrity" version ?????

SalsaQueen Thu 20-Jun-19 14:08:03

Gogglebox.... a programme about people watching tv. It sounds fascinating grin

BlueBelle Thu 20-Jun-19 14:11:23

Salsa queen it is quite funny it sounds banal but it’s got a good streak of humour in it, but the celebrity one is overly banal

KatyK Thu 20-Jun-19 15:22:56

I love Gogglebox - not the celebrity one though.

Anniebach Thu 20-Jun-19 15:26:27

I enjoy watching it

Anniebach Thu 20-Jun-19 15:27:02

Not the celebrity one

blondenana Thu 20-Jun-19 15:41:58

I love Gogglebox, but they were not as entertaining as the ordinary viewers, i think Rylans mum looked very uncomfortable to be honest
Little mix have gone the usual way with big lips
Denise Van Outen, and fiance, Sheila Hancock and Giles Brandreth, and the foxes
I recognised most of them, oh and also Borises dad, and the girl from, the jungle
Scarlet Moffat might well be back, her mum and dad disappeard after Scarlet became famous
I Giles and Mary ib the ordinary programme, he loves to shock mary, but i think she is a bit straightlaced

Eloethan Thu 20-Jun-19 23:28:42

I enjoy Gogglebox - it can be very funny. My favourites are the Siddiquis who seem such nice people - and very witty too. I also like the Gilbeys, the Malones (and their dogs) and Jenny and Lee. I find Giles and Mary very irritating.

Anniebach Fri 21-Jun-19 08:33:05

I like Giles and Mary, Jenny and Lee, David and Shirley
and the Sqiddiqus , the father seems so calm

POGS Fri 21-Jun-19 10:41:43

I agree it was a poor selection of celebrities .

Sheila Hancock and Giles Brandreth were amusing when they watched Naked Attraction though.

TerriBull Fri 21-Jun-19 10:58:07

I really like Giles and Mary and the Siddiquis because both sets combine wit and a breadth of knowledge, come across as well read and erudite. I also like Jenny and Lee and David and Shirley.

I wish they'd give those two girls up in Leeds and the brother and sister less air time, they just aren't very interesting or funny. I do miss Leon and June a lot, so sorry when he died.

The c'lebs weren't that interesting, oh boy! Laurence Fox likes the "f" word, every sentence was littered with it, if I was cousin Emilia I'd have told him to rein it in.

Talking of the "f" word have to admit did find the daughter of Essex family quite funny a couple of weeks ago when apropos of their recent concerts, the mother started singing an old Spice Girl hit. Daughter Grace asked "who sang that" mother replied "The Spice Girls" to which she responded with "well lets f*****g keep it that way" grin what a way to talk to your mother, even if she does do a bad rendition of an old hit blush

Jane10 Fri 21-Jun-19 13:03:37

I prefer the regular goggleboxers too. I agree about that brother and sister getting too much air time.
Otherwise I enjoy seeing them all. Such nice relationships they seem to have with each other. It makes me realise I'm not alone when I groan at certain programmes or gasp and cover my eyes!

Jane43 Sat 22-Jun-19 22:42:04

I agree, the Celebrity version is nowhere near as entertaining as the regular version.

EllanVannin Sat 22-Jun-19 22:48:34

I haven't watched that since Leon died. He and June were my favourites. Once someone has gone from a show, any show, it's never the same again. I just won't watch them.