Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Escape to the Chateau

(108 Posts)
tiredoldwoman Sun 07-Jul-19 19:11:41

New series revisiting The Chateau - I'm getting ready in The Hovel , to watch it very soon . 8 pm Channel 4 .So excited !

notanan2 Sat 07-Dec-19 15:47:55

I think couples have missed the boat. The earlier bookings will have really got their heart and soul as they were trying to prove it could work. As a more established wedding venue it'll be less personal, even if D&A stay on

notanan2 Sun 08-Dec-19 12:40:07

Re watching one of their pre wedding episodes. Imagine having guests coming soon and NO sewage system? ARGH

Much as I crush on Dick I could NOT live that way! Would find it so stressful

travelsafar Mon 23-Dec-19 09:10:29

OH how delightful last night's episode was with the whole family getting ready for Christmas. Now this is what i call pure fantasy not like some other programs on TV last night. It transported me to the kind of Christmas i think everyone would love to have and when Pere Noel turned up, the children, well what can say, their little faces and how they hugged him, magical!! smile

Fennel Mon 23-Dec-19 13:58:21

@notanan - I haven't watched the recent episodes - what was the problem with the sewage system? I've always had doubts about that moat.
Having renovated 2 houses without mains drainage in France I know there are complicated regulations now. Mainly connected with possible pollution of the drinking water system.
Whereas in the past rural folk made do with more primitive arrangements.

vinasol Sat 28-Dec-19 13:07:22

I love it and often think "where do they get their energy from?" Takes me all my time to paint a room!

EllanVannin Sat 28-Dec-19 13:28:53

Makes me feel quite worn out watching them on new projects within the many rooms of the Chateau. I'm puffed out just changing the curtains.

notanan2 Sat 28-Dec-19 13:44:16

Me too Ellan but I think that's part of the appeal! I would NEVER do it so its pure escapism: e.g. that episode where Dick was away working and Angel was talking about how long it took just to close all the windows in the evening, never mind keeping them CLEAN, just checking they were all CLOSED took best part of an hour Lol!
Sod that!