Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Accident Ch4

(61 Posts)
travelsafar Fri 25-Oct-19 07:36:00

Watched this last night but not sure if i will continue. I felt it was overly dramatic, especially when the whole town , or it appeared to be, walked up to the site of the accident in the dark. Didn't enjoy the part with the husband and wife were discussing the daughter in hospital, what is that all about??? NOt one i will rush to watch again.

Oopsminty Sat 09-Nov-19 10:43:26

The scene between the businesswoman and her toyboy lover

What a scene that was.

Load of bunkum

BlueBelle Thu 14-Nov-19 22:05:10

Thank goodness that’s over what a weak drama I didn’t believe or like any of the characters very weak story and poor acting in my opinion
Very disappointing

suziewoozie Thu 14-Nov-19 23:04:56

The only good thing about this was the lawyer in a wheelchair ( she was also in Years and Years) . She was just so evil.

sodapop Fri 15-Nov-19 08:49:31

Think I may have been distracted whilst last night's episode was on but what happened to Sarah Lancashire's husband ?

Dinahmo Fri 15-Nov-19 09:27:41

Sodapop He was arrested for not being truthful or something similar and taken away to the cells.

I quite enjoyed it although for me Happy Valley was one of the best series in a long while and SL was brilliant in it.

For those of you who couldn't always hear the dialogue it's because of the way programme makers record these days. We stopped watching Jamaica Inn and the Handmaid's Tale for that reason. Apparently they are making dramas assuming that everyone has those extra large screens and surround sound. Two ways round it - you can get a sound bar which you use in conjunction with your tv and/or watch the subtitles.

Lisagran Fri 15-Nov-19 21:42:39

I was confused by the “two years later” bit right at the end? I thought there was going to be a revelation of some sort?

BlueBelle Fri 15-Nov-19 21:51:46

It fizzled out didn’t it
I always use the subtitles but they were not any last night well not on my tv anyway

Lisagran Fri 15-Nov-19 22:25:40

Well I had subtitles on, but the girl and her mum just chatted about the takeaway meal and TV watching........

Sunlover Mon 18-Nov-19 23:08:25

Just watched the last episode. Right at the end when there is a flashback to the kids in the basement there is a figure running in the distance. Who was that? Very confused!!

Eloethan Sun 01-Dec-19 23:47:15

I always complain about the sound quality on modern TVs. My husband says it's because screens are so thin now that there isn't much room for speakers. I don't know if that's true.
A lot of people have an additional sound system.