Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Gold Digger

(87 Posts)
Chestnut Tue 12-Nov-19 23:09:30

This drama series promises to be an interesting watch with a topical subject. Here a much younger man targets a wealthy 60 year old woman. She throws all caution to the wind and goes along with it. How her grown up children react and the consequences of this relationship will make fascinating viewing.

Lisagran Sat 30-Nov-19 20:36:13

She was a millionaire, Trisher (sorry if that’s a spoiler if you’ve only watched one episode), so money not a problem...... I binge watched this a couple of weeks ago when I was ill - that may have coloured my judgement! - but I thought it was worth sticking with - quite interesting endings.....

trisher Sat 30-Nov-19 20:40:34

I gathered there was money there but I did wonder why she wasn't travelling 1st class on the train! That's the trouble with millionaires they don't know what to do with it all. Now if I had a million.....!!! grin

Greeneyedgirl Mon 16-Dec-19 20:20:44

I know this is entertainment BUT.......I note they had to have a younger woman playing the 60 year old (54 yr old with good hair!) because they just know someone who looks like a 60 year old, without surgery, just wouldn't cut it. ?

Calendargirl Wed 18-Dec-19 10:02:23

I thought the last episode was pretty stupid really. Trailing about in the woods, beach whatever in her posh wedding gown, getting it all dirty. Did she go to the wedding with it like that? I might have missed something as I watched this a couple of weeks ago, but haven’t posted before so as not to spoil it for others.
And does Alex Jennings always play baddies? A nasty ex husband in this, a murderer in Unforgotten, and the rather horrible uncle/father of Albert in Victoria?

Happygirl79 Wed 18-Dec-19 10:06:47

Fantastic drama
Really full and true to life characters
Give us more like this

ninathenana Wed 18-Dec-19 11:30:18

Enjoyed the twist at the end.
I did post early on in the series that I wondered if Daniel really was gold digger and whether he would surprise us all.

Teetime Wed 18-Dec-19 11:39:29

Oh dear what a long drawn out ending - was she being a Miss Haversham trailing about in her wedding gown (which didn't suit her anyway- a trifle snug).

elastic Wed 18-Dec-19 12:59:11

Loved the ending! So glad it turned out all nice and happy. smile

Agree about the frock. hmm

Calendargirl Wed 18-Dec-19 13:04:53

At the risk of incurring the wrath of others, going out on a different tangent, I think many more ‘mature’ brides would look better if they didn’t choose bridal gowns, especially if they went the whole hog previously if married before. Why not a really smart, elegant outfit instead?

trisher Wed 18-Dec-19 13:09:17

I thought it was watchable but stupid.Why did she have togo trailing off up north to uncover his past? Could have done it in ten mnutes on the internet!! And the dress! You might wear it when you are 30 at 60 you have more taste.

NanKate Wed 18-Dec-19 22:10:11

At least the red dress she wore for the reception looked so much better than the drab, grey, woollen sweaters she wore the rest of the time.

Her hair was fab.

Are you sure that Benjamin wasn’t after her money, I’m still undecided.