Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Endeavour

(73 Posts)
Fiachna50 Sun 02-Feb-20 19:46:51

There is a new series of Endeavour beginning next Sunday. Unfortunately, this clashes with The Pale Horse if you are unable to record them, you will get Pale Horse on the BBC I-player and Endeavour on the STV player. (ITV player for those not in Scotland) I love Endeavour.

Fiachna50 Thu 20-Feb-20 09:14:14

Hope so Nankate.

Calendargirl Thu 20-Feb-20 13:05:59

Morse was first on tv in January 1987. Love watching the repeats, hard to believe it’s over 30 years ago. Where has the time gone?

Calendargirl Sun 23-Feb-20 22:06:27

Just watched the final episode. Jumped about all over the place. Mrs. Bright looked so much better than when she was at death’s door on the sofa, only to perish at the hands of the dastardly Ludo, all that seemed a bit contrived. Lucky Fred was able to nip over to Venice to assist Morse at the drop of a hat. And just when did Morse find time to get all his decorating done, last week his house was a mess, this week looked all done up.
Hope there’s another series, but looked like the end really.

Harris27 Sun 23-Feb-20 22:11:04

Just watched it and loved every minute of it. Think there might be another series. Fingers crossed.

Nannylovesshopping Sun 23-Feb-20 22:13:01

I throughly enjoyed tonight’s episode as well, well written and acted, the music wonderful!

LullyDully Sun 23-Feb-20 22:13:56

I just admit we thought it was very OTT. Just think I am becoming an old cynic.

Yehbutnobut Sun 23-Feb-20 22:49:08

Disappointed.

Eloethan Mon 24-Feb-20 00:27:56

I used to love Endeavour - and I still love the characters. But the latest plot was completely far-fetched and ridiculous. If they can't create something vaguely reflecting reality perhaps it would be best to call it a day.

shandi6570 Mon 24-Feb-20 08:25:29

I too was disappointed, seemed very far fetched and not at all true to the characters as they were in the previous series.

Jane10 Mon 24-Feb-20 13:55:55

I agree shandi6570. It seemed just plain daft at times. I was very disappointed. It was just badly written with different sections 'bolted' on. The whole sex/romance part was particularly unconvincing. 2/10 max!

Greta Mon 24-Feb-20 14:00:14

I think they are trying too hard to find new twists and turns. It just doesn't work, so I was disappointed. However, I agree I think the actors are excellent.

LadyGracie Mon 24-Feb-20 16:19:42

I enjoyed the whole series immensely. Last nights episode had me holding DH’s hand and looking away on occasion, I am a big scaredy-cat and always have been, afraid of the dark etc etc.

Can anyone tell me how Sturgiss carried out the murders when he had so alibis fo each, I’m at a loss, I obviously missed a vital scene!

Charleygirl5 Mon 24-Feb-20 16:53:08

Last night's episode was not very convincing- in those days the police did not carry firearms unless they were trained and I am sure Thursday and Endeavour never were. Also, they would not have been able to swan over to Venice whenever they fancied - travel was not so easy then and also it was expensive.

Jane10 Mon 24-Feb-20 17:46:11

I still don't understand how Sturgiss was suddenly caught either LadyGracy

NanKate Mon 24-Feb-20 21:13:21

I thoroughly enjoyed this last episode.

I’m pleased to change my earlier statement. There will be a series 8 in 2021, hurray ?

Hope Morse gives Watlington the boot and returns to Oxford. FYI Watlington is a small village a few miles from Oxford with no police station.

lemongrove Mon 24-Feb-20 21:20:26

Thought the last episode gripping, but agree that there was rather too much going on, and some was implausible and a bit OTT.
Felt a bit sorry for the Thursdays’ cat....frozen out in their affections by a couple of canaries.?
Morse is gradually becoming the old curmudgeon that he was always destined to be, intellectually superior to those around him and only too aware of it.

Jane10 Mon 24-Feb-20 21:47:51

Why do the Thursdays have such a rusty, bashed up, canary cage? Could the props department not have found a better one?

Calendargirl Mon 24-Feb-20 22:03:40

I wonder if he will move to new post, as it was mentioned he would be serving under McNutt, that was someone who featured in a future episode of Morse. He was a mentor of Morse.

Calendargirl Mon 24-Feb-20 22:04:43

Re the canary cage, Fred mentioned having kept canaries in the past, probably hung onto the cage.

Fiachna50 Mon 24-Feb-20 23:37:04

We will be getting an 8th Season of Endeavour. I love this series and have really enjoyed it.

Hibiscus Fri 17-Apr-20 08:12:26

How do I start a topic, can't see a link. Thanks

Hibiscus Fri 17-Apr-20 08:14:16

I was wondering if anyone remembers the episode where Thursday had something wrong with his throat? It looked like something serious, then I don't know how it ended!