Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Last Tango in Halifax, new series.

(265 Posts)
Witzend Sat 22-Feb-20 12:00:47

Starting Sunday 23rd Feb, BBC1, 9 pm.

soop Mon 16-Mar-20 12:24:02

Loved it. Especially Harrison. Wish it hadn't ended so soon.

Sussexborn Mon 16-Mar-20 12:34:15

I enjoyed it. Makes a change for loose ends to be tied up. If there’s another series it would be interesting if Harrison meets up with the rude child (granddaughter?) in the car. Lost track a little and not sure who some of the characters are.

Eloethan Mon 16-Mar-20 12:34:35

Yes, that young actor who played Harrison was a real natural.

Jomarie Mon 16-Mar-20 12:55:02

I enjoyed the previous series but felt that this one was slightly off kilter in a number of ways and will be quite happy for it to be the very last one - brilliant actors but the script was a bit wappity for me and the Harrison element was, in my mind, a step too far,

Calendargirl Mon 16-Mar-20 13:31:12

Although the lad playing Harrison did his part very well, I felt all that rigmarole added nothing to the plot, and the supermarket job also did nothing for me.
Think that should be ‘The End’ and mean it.

Luckygirl Mon 16-Mar-20 13:58:41

I was disappointed in this series - too many plot threads and too little time to expand and develop them. It seemed to just skim the surface of them all. Fewer threads and more depth would have got my vote.

The child driving the car up the motorway was just plain daft!

Fairviewtenby51 Mon 16-Mar-20 14:22:59

If only.life was that convenient.
Ted dies - doesn t end up in Alan and Celia s spare room, slowly losing his mind.
Youngster can live with his sister so no need to move him into the spare
Gillian can have Alan s money. So she doesn t need the spare room
Caroline ex is still in the spare room!
Lol
I love it though.

sassenach512 Thu 19-Mar-20 00:07:56

There was no mention of Gary, Alan's son, or whether Gillian was divorcing Robbie? this series went too quickly for me, it was all a bit rushed. Superb acting from all of the cast though, I'm sad it's all over

Ealdemodor Thu 19-Mar-20 12:54:13

Didn’t it have a wonderful ending? I’ve loved it, and, as I’m guessing there won’t be any more, I will miss it.

midnightschild Thu 19-Mar-20 13:37:45

I’ve really enjoyed this series and would be happy to see more. If the older cast members might find a full filming schedule too taxing then why not develop more storylines about Gillian, Caroline and their families and bring back Gary and Robbie. The characters and the writing are so good I’m sure that there would be potential for a ‘spin-off’ concentrating on the younger generation (although G & C aren’t that young now....)

Jane10 Thu 19-Mar-20 14:33:48

I agree midnightschild. A spin off would be good.

starbird Sat 21-Mar-20 11:01:49

I think the actress who plays Gillian, (Nicola Walker) and to a lesser extent, the one who plays Caroline, (Sara Lancashire) would be too busy for another series.
Nicola Walker seems to be in everything - even Scott and Bailey that I am watching for about the fifth time!

katie1 Sat 21-Mar-20 18:14:34

I thought the ending with Celia 'singing' to Alan and then dancing was so moving and romantic ?

AllotmentLil Sat 21-Mar-20 20:57:20

I enjoyed it, especially the bit in the church, but it did come to rather an abrupt end.