Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

ITV - Flesh & Blood

(310 Posts)
Urmstongran Mon 24-Feb-20 21:20:03

It’s just started and I’m liking it straightaway! Stellar cast. Imelda Staunton (love her). Francesca Anuns.

The series follows three adult siblings – Helen, Jake and Natalie – whose lives are thrown into disarray when their recently widowed mum Vivien declares she’s fallen for a new man, retired GP Mark.

As Vivien nears her 70th birthday, her children grow suspicious when Mark begins to shift her priorities away from her family.

Gorgeous location see the photo!

Sparklefizz Sat 07-Mar-20 09:14:43

Yes, I have enjoyed Flesh and Blood, The Split and Liar. It's good to have some interesting dramas to watch.

mumofmadboys Sat 07-Mar-20 09:23:57

I will watch Liar on catch up now it has been recommended. Thanks!

Bellanonna Sun 08-Mar-20 09:36:54

I watched episode 1 of Liar last night and really enjoyed it. Thanks to whoever recommended it,

Sparklefizz Sun 08-Mar-20 09:44:52

Glad you liked it Bella

Bellanonna Sun 08-Mar-20 23:31:00

?

Daddima Wed 25-Mar-20 16:22:37

I watched all four episodes and thoroughly enjoyed it, but I’m not sure there are enough loose ends to justify another series, unless it would just be new storylines about the characters.

Incidentally, it was only when I was recommending it to my daughter in law that it really dawned on me that I too am recently widowed. How strange is that?

gulligranny Sat 28-Mar-20 10:24:15

We binge-watched Flesh & Blood yesterday, and really enjoyed it, although we felt that Stephen Rea was miscast as Mark - no charm, no charisma, no personality, just a hang-dog expression and a really bad haircut!

Rest of the cast were great, especially Imelda Staunton's wonderfully weird Mary. And the location was stunning.

Another series? Not sure, but if it happens no doubt we will watch it.

Calendargirl Sun 29-Mar-20 14:10:30

Agree re Stephen Rea- Francesca Annis’ character would never have fancied him I’m sure.

gulligranny Sun 29-Mar-20 17:22:50

Quite right, Calendargirl, she's far too gorgeous! I could see someone like Denis Lawson, perhaps, or Ian McElhinney (Prof Ronnie in The Split) it would have to be someone who could sweep her off her feet ...