Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

What are you watching tonight?

(1001 Posts)
LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 18-Mar-20 16:30:11

Seeing as we're all staying in a little lot more, we'd imagine the telly is getting a fair amount of attention. If you want to chat about whatever you're watching while it's on (or the next day) please do check our Telly forum topic and join in if there's already a conversation running. If not, why not start one? There's almost certainly someone else on here who's watching alongside you and would love the opportunity to dissect the plot/suggest whodunnit/debate actor's suitability to role/just want to say they love or hate it. grin

lovebeigecardigans1955 Fri 05-Jun-20 14:43:12

There's always good old Gardeners' World.

paddyanne Fri 05-Jun-20 20:24:57

Your House Made Perfect on BBC2 ,two episodes to catch up with,I really preferred the guys designs shame the clients didn't .I think the girls are a bit too ordinary .I wasn't keen on the end result in tonights episode,a kitchen table built around a huge post ,not ideal ,who gets to sit behind it away from everyone else ...

Callistemon Fri 05-Jun-20 20:27:41

Springwatch again

Callistemon Fri 05-Jun-20 20:28:44

The Importance of Wasps

MerylStreep Fri 05-Jun-20 20:36:37

Callistamon
I have a book called 'What good are wasps' Now I know ?
I love watching Chris & Gorden.

Callistemon Fri 05-Jun-20 20:41:16

I do like Chris.

His step-daughter is proving to be an excellent presenter.
I miss Hugh but I like Gillian, she is very good.

Callistemon Fri 05-Jun-20 20:42:11

And not to forget our very own Iolo!

paddyanne Sat 06-Jun-20 18:34:58

I've got the classic Holby to catch up on,just watched the one where Elliot Hope's wife Gina went to Switzerland to die....very very sad

Kate1949 Sat 06-Jun-20 18:41:28

There's a new documentary about Ronnie Wood on Sky Arts tonight which I will watch.

travelsafar Sat 06-Jun-20 20:03:47

I am watching Far And Away on Netflix. Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman as two young people of different class in America hoping to get free land in Oklahoma. Good story line, social history, and adventure all in one place. smile they both look so young in this film.

EllanVannin Sat 06-Jun-20 20:31:18

I'm watching Great Asian Railways--Singapore, at the moment. It brings back memories you see if it shows Orchard road and the Raffles---yes,there it is, Beach road. Been in there

EllanVannin Sat 06-Jun-20 20:32:44

Cross-eyed from a Singapore sling grin Quite potent.

paddyanne Mon 08-Jun-20 19:34:16

Left in Limbo on the dreaded BBC ,It hasn't been well publicised abou the Windrush generation and what trailer I did see online looks very interesting

Marmight Mon 08-Jun-20 20:37:38

Devon and Cornwall on 4 with the lovely John Nettles doing the voice over

EllanVannin Mon 08-Jun-20 20:40:06

I'm watching the Cornish coast too. It brings back lovely memories smile

EllanVannin Mon 08-Jun-20 20:44:42

I want to watch Monaco at 9pm but there's also the murder of Peter Falconio at the same time----a mystery because his body wasn't found. 2001, a year home from Oz myself.

Eloethan Mon 08-Jun-20 22:35:39

Left in Limbo and I've recorded The Peter Falconio drama.

gillybob Mon 08-Jun-20 23:09:21

I watched Monaco . Wish I hadn’t .

Sparklefizz Tue 09-Jun-20 09:23:26

Possible Spoiler Alert:::::

I have watched 2 episodes of the Peter Falconio on iPlayer and will finish it tonight. I remember the case and always felt that Joanne Lees was criticised because she didn't express floods of tears after such a horrific experience, but I thought she was traumatised.

However..... I've found it very interesting now to hear all the anomalies in the case, and if indeed Joanne was involved, what could be the reason? It seems she'd been having an affair, so why not just dump Peter Falconio? They weren't married. I don't see what she had to gain by going through such a drama.... and to me it has seemed a nightmare to be out in that huge expanse of wilderness in pitch darkness with her hands tied. The truck drivers who found her were convinced she was genuine because she was in such a state. They saw her first of all. I hope the next episodes answer that question.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 09-Jun-20 12:38:05

I'm also watching the repeats of the Falconio case which is intriguing. It is puzzling with questions that are as yet unanswered. I wonder if at the conclusion of the last episode (as with so many of these programmes) they'll end with, 'it remains a mystery to this day as to the fate...,' as we'd like answers, thus leading us all down the same old garden path.

Charleygirl5 Tue 09-Jun-20 13:00:22

A good job the death penalty had been abolished in America by then.

I am finding the programme fascinating because there are so many unanswered questions, inconsistencies and gaps -we are never going to discover the truth.

I watched Broadchurch and luckily could remember very little of what had gone on in previous episodes so that is
another 7 weeks of good entertainment.

Sparklefizz Tue 09-Jun-20 13:23:13

Australia Charleygirl if you are talking about the Falconio case.

Charleygirl5 Tue 09-Jun-20 14:02:03

OMG Sparklefizz I have lost it completely. Of course it is in Australia, where America came from I do not know and it shows I did not re-read what I had written as I normally do. Thanks for pointing it out.

Sparklefizz Tue 09-Jun-20 14:06:15

grin Charleygirl

Callistemon Tue 09-Jun-20 14:13:54

Bodies could easily disappear in the Outback. One area looks like another, there are feral pigs etc. If Aboriginal trackers could not find any trace, no-one could.

It was a very distressing case, we had just returned from Australia when it happened.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion