Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

What are you watching tonight?

(1001 Posts)
LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 18-Mar-20 16:30:11

Seeing as we're all staying in a little lot more, we'd imagine the telly is getting a fair amount of attention. If you want to chat about whatever you're watching while it's on (or the next day) please do check our Telly forum topic and join in if there's already a conversation running. If not, why not start one? There's almost certainly someone else on here who's watching alongside you and would love the opportunity to dissect the plot/suggest whodunnit/debate actor's suitability to role/just want to say they love or hate it. grin

gulligranny Mon 01-Jun-20 22:21:34

Tonight we watched the first two episodes of "Little Boy Blue" which we missed the first time round. It's amazingly well acted, totally engrossing, I understand the programme won a BAFTA - not surprised. Emotional stuff, brilliant.

crazyH Mon 01-Jun-20 22:27:01

Watched Long Lost Family - heartwarming real-life stories ?

Eloethan Tue 02-Jun-20 00:32:12

I watched Long Lost Family too. It was an amazing story tonight - very sad in many ways but with a happy outcome for the two people involved.

Oopsminty Tue 02-Jun-20 00:38:20

Yes, Long Lost Family was excellent. Very rare for foundlings to find anything out about their background.

Also watched the final episode of Killing Eve. I shall miss that on a Monday night.

May7 Tue 02-Jun-20 01:22:54

Yes I watched it too. So amazing that they had each other.

BlueBelle Tue 02-Jun-20 06:05:01

Normal People such a lovely drama Didn’t want it to finish

gillybob Tue 02-Jun-20 11:53:31

I watched LLF too and couldn’t help but feel a kind of hatred towards their father who had 14 children with his wife and yet it seems wouldn’t allow the mother to keep her precious babies, probably for the fear of being caught . Poor woman .

He wanted his cake and eat it and boy did he eat some cake !

lemsip Tue 02-Jun-20 17:24:48

long lost family second part tonight 9pm. two more foundlings!

Maggiemaybe Tue 02-Jun-20 22:31:51

I have to agree with you there, gillybob. I know it’s hard to be sure of exactly what went on, but it certainly looks as though that man was a thoroughly selfish so-and-so. What a shame the two foundlings missed meeting their mother by just a few years - I feel it would have meant a lot to her to see them, and how well they’d turned out.

Maggiemaybe Tue 02-Jun-20 22:35:42

DH’s Great-Grandad was a foundling, left on the doorstep of the family that took him in and raised him. We’ll never know for sure, but that leads me to believe he might well have been part of the family anyway. smile

Puzzler61 Wed 03-Jun-20 06:29:32

I watched The A Word last night and once again was reduced to tears. The wedding of Ralph & Katie, a young couple with Down’s syndrome was delightful. It covers so many family topics in a sensitive yet entertaining way,

Charleygirl5 Wed 03-Jun-20 07:34:05

I intend to watch a crime drama, Cardinal, 6 episodes on BBC2 tonight at 9pm. I am not sure if it is a repeat but to me it looks interesting. I have an "off" switch if I do not enjoy it.

Kate1949 Wed 03-Jun-20 14:11:52

We've been watching Rock n Roll America on BBC4. It's fabulous.

MissAdventure Wed 03-Jun-20 14:36:00

Oh, hello!
That sounds like my cup of tea. smile

Kate1949 Wed 03-Jun-20 15:11:46

It's really good MissA I think it's a repeat but we hadn't seen it. American music from the 50s onwards. Bill Haley, Everly Brothers, Little Richard, many more. Last night it was Elvis. Marvellous.

MissAdventure Wed 03-Jun-20 15:15:28

Oh, I think I may have seen bits and bobs a while back.
I'll be watching it again though, thanks. smile

Kate1949 Wed 03-Jun-20 15:17:10

smile

Marmight Wed 03-Jun-20 19:15:33

Your Home Made Perfect on 2. I’m addicted ?

paddyanne Wed 03-Jun-20 21:57:55

Scotlands Best Home on BBC Scotland,3 stunning homes in the far north of the country.I do like the judges on this ,very down to earth .My favourite of the series so far is the beautiful flat in the Park Circus area of Glasgow ,not my style at all but a fantastic job done of the renovation .

NanKate Wed 03-Jun-20 22:40:40

I’m watching some back episodes of Cardinal before I watch the last series starting tonight. It’s on BBC IPlayer. They are usually pretty gruesome so be warned. ?

MayBee70 Thu 04-Jun-20 09:15:48

Is Scotland’s Best Home similar to Best House in Town? Can I get it on iPlayer?

paddyanne Thu 04-Jun-20 13:50:29

actually its called Scotlands Home of the year ,its well worth a watch .Not all mansions or houses that have had millions flung at them ,in fact the judges seem to prefer a home that shows personality not just styling.This is series 2,if you can find series one theres a lovely little bungalow where almost everything is homemade or recycled,the judges got very emotional about it.

paddyanne Thu 04-Jun-20 13:50:30

actually its called Scotlands Home of the year ,its well worth a watch .Not all mansions or houses that have had millions flung at them ,in fact the judges seem to prefer a home that shows personality not just styling.This is series 2,if you can find series one theres a lovely little bungalow where almost everything is homemade or recycled,the judges got very emotional about it.

MayBee70 Thu 04-Jun-20 14:50:42

Thanks: I’ve found it. That’s me glued to the iPad for the foreseeable future. !

Marmight Fri 05-Jun-20 14:38:55

After working in the garden all morning, I have to confess to being ensconced in front of the telly right now watching Father Brown blush

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion