Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

What are you watching tonight?

(1001 Posts)
LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 18-Mar-20 16:30:11

Seeing as we're all staying in a little lot more, we'd imagine the telly is getting a fair amount of attention. If you want to chat about whatever you're watching while it's on (or the next day) please do check our Telly forum topic and join in if there's already a conversation running. If not, why not start one? There's almost certainly someone else on here who's watching alongside you and would love the opportunity to dissect the plot/suggest whodunnit/debate actor's suitability to role/just want to say they love or hate it. grin

Alypoole Tue 07-Jul-20 07:52:30

I’ve become addicted to This is Us on Amazon Prime. Yes it is cheesy but far more to it than you might think.

Given up on The Luminaries- so hard to follow.

GrandmasueUK Tue 07-Jul-20 14:11:26

Have just finished both series of "The Letdown", on Netflix. An Australian comedy/drama about young mothers. Quite realistic sex scenes/choice language, but as I watched on my own I was fine. Really enjoyed it though. I don't remember being so angst-ridden as a new mother though, perhaps there is more pressure on young parents these days!

shysal Wed 08-Jul-20 14:48:45

I watched 'The Secrets She Keeps' on Monday and Tuesday, and enjoyed it so much that I watched the remaining 4 episodes on the BBC iplayer this morning. It was pouring with rain so this gave me an excuse for my first ever binge-watch!

Also enjoying 'Married at First Sight' on E4 each weekday. It follows 10 couples matched by experts.

H1954 Wed 08-Jul-20 14:57:21

9pm - Channel 5 - The Battle Of Britain:The Longest Day. This is the second instalment as it started last night with the third instalment tomorrow. Brilliant day documentary!

Parsley3 Thu 09-Jul-20 10:14:44

I am binge watching and really enjoying Downton Abbey. Assuming that it is an accurate representation of life in the big house, watching able bodied, grown men and women being dressed or put to bed by the valet or lady’s maid is quite revealing. Poor Grantham never did get to grips with managing his estate because he never left the nursery.

travelsafar Thu 09-Jul-20 18:58:42

I am watching The Hunters on prime. It's about Nazi hunters in America starring Al Pacino. Very good story if you are interested in this kind of thing.

BeeWitch Fri 10-Jul-20 09:44:43

Mrs America on iplayer BBC2. Worth a watch.

MawB Fri 10-Jul-20 20:53:19

The Royal Ballet’s Romeo and Juliet from Covent Garden.
A beautiful production with amazing music.

merlotgran Fri 10-Jul-20 21:05:15

A Wild Year on the Fens. BBC2

My world.

EllanVannin Fri 10-Jul-20 22:05:28

Shirley Valentine.

Phoebe221 Sat 11-Jul-20 13:02:13

The Social Network lol smile

Grannmarie Sat 11-Jul-20 14:06:18

I've just started watching Twin on Netflix.

For fans of G o T, the actor who played Tormund the Wildling, who 'fancied' Brienne of Tarth, is the eponymous Twin.

Subtitles, but that's my default setting these days anyway!

I think it's set in Scandinavia, the scenery is absolutely breathtaking.

granfromafar Sun 12-Jul-20 22:11:23

Imagine: This House is Full of Music. Sunday BBC 1 6pm. About the amazingly musically talented Kanneh Mason family from Nottingham. Watch this and you'll be inspired.

tiredoldwoman Mon 13-Jul-20 08:02:24

Hurrah , tomorrow night's viewing will be Our Yorkshire Farm - I love it . Hopefully Escape to the Chateau will air their planned 'fix it ' type programme soon , too ?

merlotgran Mon 13-Jul-20 10:24:05

I'm looking forward to Our Yorkshire Farm as well. Apparently, poor Clive has to have a hip replacement. He was certainly limping a lot in the last series.

They're a lovely family.

DiscoGran Mon 13-Jul-20 10:29:19

I'll be watching The big C on Prime. Trying to not binge watch it, but it's so good.

BBbevan Mon 13-Jul-20 16:02:13

Just watched ‘ Mum’s List’ on iplayer. Cried from beginning to end. Just what you need on a wet Monday afternoon Good film though, Rafe Spall and EmiliaFox

MayBee70 Tue 14-Jul-20 14:27:37

merlotgran: thanks for the tip off about the programme about the fens. I watched it last night and am going to rewatch it again later. Beautiful. I love that part of the country.

paddyanne Tue 14-Jul-20 22:13:49

The Rupert Murdoch story followed by Strike the series from JKRowlings book as Robert Galbraith .Its a bit slow

travelsafar Tue 14-Jul-20 22:52:02

I watched our Yorkshire farm it fills my heart with joy and my eyes with tears as it brings back memories of my childhood spent on a farm. My dad was a herdsman and our life was similar to those children.

merlotgran Wed 15-Jul-20 18:50:33

What a lovely family they are. Little Clemmie not wanting to go to school and leave her pony and Amanda deciding she should stay at home until she is five because, 'We've never sent a child to school crying' proved how their lifestyle is producing confident and caring children.

They're going to miss Raven now she has left for uni.

Beechnut Thu 16-Jul-20 17:29:41

I’ve been watching Married at First Sight from Australia this week. I don’t know why, I seem to have become hooked on it and want to see what happens.

MayBee70 Thu 16-Jul-20 18:29:23

Car crash television. I found the U.K. series painful to watch. But I still watched it. Even the couples that really got on never seemed to stay together.

paddyanne Thu 16-Jul-20 21:02:35

The docudrama about the Stephen Lawrence murder

NanKate Thu 16-Jul-20 21:03:45

Maigret mes enfants.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion