Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Prue Leith

(10 Posts)
BlueBelle Wed 15-Apr-20 06:57:54

Did anyone watch Prue Leith ‘Journey with my daughter’ last night I thought it was a very interesting programme to see how they went together to her adopted daughters place of birth, Cambodia, in a quest to try and find any information about her birth family or just to be able to put some history together for her
I like Prue Leith although I don’t follow any cookery programmes, I thought she came across very well, balanced but with a human element of being a little unsure about it all
She obviously has a close and beautiful relationship with her daughter
What a good looking lady for 80

Calendargirl Wed 15-Apr-20 07:04:02

Yes, I watched it, but ashamed to say I nodded off just a bit before the end, although I was finding it interesting.
I thought that when the DNA test showed Li Da was not related to the Cambodian lady, Prue was relieved, although she wanted her adopted daughter to find her roots, it would have been strange to think that after 45 years, the girl had another ‘mum’.

BlueBelle Wed 15-Apr-20 07:57:48

I agree calandergirl but I think she handled it well, because of course we re all human and who wouldn’t have conflicting thoughts. As much as we wanted to help our child there would be that little bit of fear in the background
I thought she showed what a very human but wise lady she obviously is

Whitewavemark2 Wed 15-Apr-20 07:59:01

In a way the story wasn’t ended because we still don’t know for sure what happened to her mum. I think they led us to believe that she was slaughtered by the Khmer Rouge?

Grandma70s Wed 15-Apr-20 08:11:00

I thought it was a riveting programme. Unreasonably, I was slightly thrown by the upper class English voice and the Cambodian face belonging to the same person! I kept thinking someone else was speaking.

Prue Leith is two weeks older than me. She has the sort of features that age well. I think she looks better than I do, though when there was a close-up I realised my skin was better. I don’t think I’d have the energy to walk round Cambodia, though.

trisher Wed 15-Apr-20 09:36:04

Watched it. Thought it was very good. Loved Prue's clothes (that's a bit shallow isn't it).

EllanVannin Wed 15-Apr-20 09:39:30

I just think that she's an inspiration to all 80 year olds. Fantastic.

paddyanne Wed 15-Apr-20 11:04:39

My Aunts sister in law brought a baby back from Vietnam where she was nursing.I dont think he ever tried to find his birth family,he is and always has been part of the family he was adopted into and is very close to my cousins

harrysgran Wed 15-Apr-20 11:38:44

Enjoyed the programme it was lovely to see their very special relationship I like Prue she comes across as a calm but fun lady I love her fashion style

Eloethan Fri 17-Apr-20 01:07:32

I thought it was a lovely programme. Prue Leith came across very well and obviously had a great relationship with her daughter, who seemed a lovely woman.

It was left a bit "up in the air" but I suppose not every question in such a case can be answered, especially given the time that has elapsed and the fear and chaos which existed at that time.