Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Life

(65 Posts)
Calendargirl Wed 30-Sep-20 22:05:26

Just watched it on I Player. Not as good as the trailers suggested it would be. Seemed to be throwing all the characters in at once.
Found the baby storyline rather daft really.

shysal Wed 30-Sep-20 17:09:45

I thoroughly enjoyed it and plan to keep watching. It is written by the author of Doctor Foster and apparently the character Belle is based on the one called Anna(belle) in that story.
The remaining episodes are available on the iplayer. Not sure whether I shall watch it straight away or wait for each week's programme.

Nanoo15 Wed 30-Sep-20 16:46:09

I thoroughly enjoyed it and can’t stop wondering where exactly the AS character was going to escape to? I might have gone with her!

Grannynannywanny Wed 30-Sep-20 16:30:40

I really enjoyed it and I’m looking forward to seeing how it all unfolds.

travelsafar Wed 30-Sep-20 16:25:54

Anyone else notice that shade of blueygreen that everyone is wearing smile

Sparklefizz Wed 30-Sep-20 16:15:16

Well, I have just watched episode 1 and despite not being a fan of Alison Steadman, I loved it! Found it very moving. Will definitely watch the rest of it.

Washerwoman Wed 30-Sep-20 13:18:14

Maybe I should give this a go.I don't know why but increasingly I have found AS irritating but possibly it is the roles she has been given.And totally agree with the Pride and Prejudice comments.That was the start of her annoying me I think.But the reviews this morning say she is the best character in Life.

Maggiemaybe Wed 30-Sep-20 12:38:15

Snap, Calendargirl!

Maggiemaybe Wed 30-Sep-20 12:36:51

I don’t care for Alison Steadman, I think she’s a tendency to over-act (her portrayal of Mrs Bennett ruined Pride and Prejudice for me).

But I will give this a try, once we’re done with Honour, The Shipman Files, Us, and the old series of The Bridge and Line of Duty we’re working through.

So much telly, so little time.

Calendargirl Wed 30-Sep-20 12:29:56

Used to like Alison Steadman (Anyone remember P’tang Yang Kipperbang?), but she over acted dreadfully as Mrs Bennett in Pride and Prejudice, and as for the dire Hold The Sunset.....mind you, that wasn’t her, no one could have made anything of that awful so called comedy.

Kate1949 Wed 30-Sep-20 11:50:16

I enjoyed this too.

Alegrias Wed 30-Sep-20 11:44:15

I liked it too. I thought Alison Steadman's story was the best then the English lecturer's story really took me by surprise. No spoilers smile. Looking forward to the next episode.

Teetime Wed 30-Sep-20 11:40:15

Oh yes I really liked that. AS's character resonated with me as a I stare 70 in the face.

Sparklefizz Wed 30-Sep-20 11:18:16

I don't like her much but she is a good actor so I plan to watch it this afternoon on iPlayer.

farview Wed 30-Sep-20 10:55:24

Did anyone watch it last night? BBC1 9pm....I quite enjoyed it.....mainly because I really like Alison Steadman