Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

New drama Life

(38 Posts)
DiscoDancer1975 Sat 17-Oct-20 15:36:36

This is sooooo good. Really enjoying it. Two more to watch. It’s funny, because after the first one, I almost felt it could have finished. I said to my husband it’ll now just turn into a soap, but it hasn’t. Superb all the way so far, hope not to be disappointed tonight!

Teetime Sat 17-Oct-20 15:35:56

I find it hard to stay awake in this and I was really looking forward to it.

Witzend Sat 17-Oct-20 15:33:07

Dh liked it, but I must say most of it just didn’t ring true at all for me - and as for the tired, worn-out cliche of the bride changing her mind at the altar - who didn’t see that coming a mile off?
I only carried on watching at all because of Alison Steadman, but IMO she was wasted on this.

Sophiasnana Tue 13-Oct-20 21:50:16

I know I’m in the minority here, but I thought this was like a soap, and a waste of Alison Steadmans acting talents. The rest of the acting was pretty poor, and a lot of the storylines just didnt ring true. Not for me.

19Maria61 Fri 09-Oct-20 13:51:34

I have been gripped by this series really good telly

LadyGracie Fri 09-Oct-20 11:18:08

I'm thoroughly enjoying this, yes it's a bit far fetched, but the acting is good, Alison Steadman is brilliant in every role she plays. I had to watch episode 3 ( I didn't see that comingshock) last night and I will watch episode 4 tonight.

sandelf Fri 09-Oct-20 10:55:12

Love the casting, music, way it is shot. - And the life lines. For once drama shows some of the tortures that are commonplace. And Alison - HOW can she be so good. Such a demanding part. I'm excessively interested, having been through the experience of learning that the life I thought I was living was not at all what others 'saw'. Very disorientating to have ones past involuntarily re-written. And I know of a man bringing up 'his' daughter... I guess that is not rare.

Chewbacca Thu 08-Oct-20 22:23:47

Elaine Paige plays a good, but small part, I thought.

Chewbacca Thu 08-Oct-20 22:22:30

A bit more so in the final Kandinsky but, as you say, Alison Steadman could just recite the phone directory and I'd watch her.

Kandinsky Thu 08-Oct-20 22:17:49

I’m finding this a bit far fetched in places tbh, but I’ll carry on watching purely because the brilliant Alison Steadman is in it.

Chewbacca Thu 08-Oct-20 21:57:39

Me too Norstat.

Nortsat Thu 08-Oct-20 21:52:26

I won’t say anything ... as I have watched all the episodes on Iplayer...

Ngaio1 Thu 08-Oct-20 21:39:35

I am thoroughly enjoying this new drama. Sterling performances by Almost everyone! Does anyone else agree, though, the the "love interest" for Adrian Lester is terribly miscast? He plays a well educated, gentle man going through a trauma - surely to high heaven she would not fall for a tarty female (with excessive lip-filler) who sounds like a corncrake?! Does anyone else agree?