Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

tv presenters

(57 Posts)
earnshaw Mon 16-Nov-20 15:03:45

who do you think make the best tv presenters, i do like Ruth Langsford , think she seems very profesional

Jane43 Fri 11-Dec-20 19:07:28

I have just discovered Omid Djalili too on Winning Combinations. He has such a lovely way with the contestants and is very witty too.

Richard Armstrong and Alexander Armstrong always seem as if they are having their own private joke, excluding the viewer, not good.

DanniRae Fri 11-Dec-20 11:34:11

I like Richard Osman but for some reason I am irritated by the way he pushes his buzzer on his House of Games??

sodapop Thu 10-Dec-20 17:56:42

I like Omid Djalili as well Ilovebeigecardigans always makes me laugh.

I agree BlueBelle Osman is annoying. He and Armstrong like the sound of their own voices too much on Pointless.

BlueBelle Thu 10-Dec-20 16:55:41

Richard osman irritates me and I don’t know why I m sure he’s a really nice man Lorraine Kelly is like sugar in a cracked tooth I can’t see why people don’t like Naga I think she nice, clearly spoken, very pretty and looks lovely whatever she wears Piers Morgan’s arrogance makes me grit my teeth, although he does sometimes come out with sensible things Coleen, what’s it, Nolan does my nut, oh she’s very maddening

BBbevan Thu 10-Dec-20 16:42:26

There is a great weather girl on Welsh tv. Sabrina Lee. She looks about 12 and sadly drops her’g’s at the end of words. Derek is the best though

lovebeigecardigans1955 Thu 10-Dec-20 11:05:57

I like quizzes and I'm really enjoying Omid Djalili on Winning Combination. He takes the proverbial out of himself for being short and fat and has a very engaging personality.

For contrast there's tall and handsome Rick Edwards - I wonder if he looks at his reflection in the mirror each morning and says "Hello, you handsome devil!"

I like Sarah Beeny, Kevin McCloud, Phil and Kirsty and Dick and Angel as I love houses.

Kate1949 Thu 19-Nov-20 14:48:54

DanniRae I feel the same about Patti Boyd because she was George's girlfriend. It should have been me!

EllanVannin Thu 19-Nov-20 14:08:03

I like the weatherman Owain too ( BBC1 ) He's a fantastic drummer. Such a pleasant person and presenter.

Dara OBriein is very clever when it comes to the sky at night. I once saw him filming in Australia at their Southern sky and what he knew was outstanding.

Sparkling Thu 19-Nov-20 13:48:27

Just watched Loose Men by mistake, but how=much I enjoyed it. Instead of a gaggle of hysterical women, like listening to lot of hens with a fox loose in the hen house, a pleasant group of guys, no shrieking, no poor me how difficult everything is, just discussing news and personal items rationally in good humour. I swear when one Loose woman opens her mouth I can see her feet, they all are a yes person to everyone that comes on, it’s sickening. So for me ditch Loose Women, bring on Loose Men any day.

lemsip Thu 19-Nov-20 12:32:29

I agree about Katie Derham and strickly!

DanniRae Thu 19-Nov-20 07:43:09

Yes, I like Fiona Bruce too. But I can't stand Katie Derham with her so sweet smile. I had to fast forward her when she was on "Strictly".
Isn't it awful how we (me) can so easily take a dislike to someone? I'm ashamed to say that I still dislike Jane Asher (not a presenter I know) because she was Paul MacCartney's girlfriend way back in the 60's and I wanted to be his girlfriend! blush

Doodledog Wed 18-Nov-20 20:58:06

Kate1949 Thanks - I don't remember that, but I shall google to satisfy my curiosity grin.

Alegrias2 That's the one, thanks!

I also like Fiona Bruce. She's maybe a bit Head Girl, but she is professional and calm, which is good when things link like getting out of hand,

Alegrias2 Wed 18-Nov-20 20:58:04

I met Lorriane once. She was really nice :-)

honeyrose Wed 18-Nov-20 20:52:22

Does Fiona Bruce count? I know she reads the news, but also presents Question Time and Antiques Road Show. She may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but I think she’s very professional, knowledgeable and polite. Yes, she does have to interrupt (especially on Question Time, to bring the panel back to the topic being discussed), but I think she does it well. I cannot abide Vanessa Feltz - she is false and extremely arrogant. Not too keen on Lorraine either - she’s very pleasant, but too much so. Gushing.

Kate1949 Wed 18-Nov-20 12:27:36

Doodledog I seem to recall that Paul Ross was involved in some sort of scandal a few years ago which is why he's not on TV now.

Grannynannywanny Wed 18-Nov-20 11:54:58

DanniRae the manic Father Noel Furlong in Father Ted! Here’s a compilation...

youtu.be/lk_-E2eBrrQ

Alegrias2 Wed 18-Nov-20 11:45:43

Do weathermen count? Sean Batty on STV did all the reports from his house and garden during lockdown, and shared star billing with his dog Harris. He also set up a lot of activities for children and got them to send in videos of them measuring rainfall, identifying clouds etc.

ps Doodledog - Neil Oliver smile

timetogo2016 Wed 18-Nov-20 11:39:16

Bradley Walsh/Ruth and Eamonn i enjoy.
Loose women get on my nerves.

Doodledog Wed 18-Nov-20 11:34:06

I am unsure about what counts as a presenter in the context of this thread, but I like the chap who does the Coast programmes. Neil Someone (Scottish with long hair). I can't bear to watch Tony Robinson in anything other than Blackadder, and I add my vote to the Graham Norton camp (no pun intended!).

Emily Maitliss is excellent, too. I agree with Terribull about Jonathan Ross. What happened to his brother Paul, incidentally? He hasn't been seen for some time, and he used to be onscreen quite often.

Kate1949 Wed 18-Nov-20 11:17:45

We've been watching Cornwall with Simon Reeve. As he's unable to go abroad, he's done this. It's very interesting.

TerriBull Wed 18-Nov-20 10:07:23

Oh yes Simon Reeve he's another, I like his programmes, they're always interesting and he is a sympathetic presenter.

Kate1949 Wed 18-Nov-20 09:51:19

I really like Simon Reeve, if he is classed as a presenter.

Alegrias2 Wed 18-Nov-20 09:45:43

Lise Doucet who fearlessly reports from troubled areas of the world.

I have a lot of respect for Lise Doucet. I was in the audience of a discussion she led about Syria. It ended with a young exiled Syrian violinist playing the theme from Schindler's List and Lise became very emotional. As did we all.

lemsip Wed 18-Nov-20 09:07:30

I also like the Pointless hosts then Richard Osman's House of Games on bbc2

DanniRae Wed 18-Nov-20 08:36:04

I too like Graham Norton - he is a brilliant host. Does anyone remember him as a catholic priest in Father Ted?
Really don't like Dara O'Briain - I find him really annoying.
Love Alexander Armstrong and Richard Osmon. We have a double dose of Richard when we watch "Pointless" and then turn over and watch "Richard's House of Games".
But the one who makes me turn over the tv the quickest is Janet Street Porter - aaaaaaahhhhhhh!!