Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Finding Alice

(136 Posts)
mokryna Sun 17-Jan-21 21:47:28

Is anyone else watching it? Looks interesting.

Greyduster Tue 23-Feb-21 09:15:04

Please, Lord, not another series!!

BigBertha1 Tue 23-Feb-21 09:45:09

Sadly that's what it looks like.

Chestnut Tue 23-Feb-21 09:58:03

Add me to the list of those who disliked it but watched it, and who have no intention of watching a second series. I wish I'd dropped it after the first episode. Keeley Hawes character was so annoying, I wanted to sympathise with her but couldn't. I just felt sorry for the others having to put up with her. And finally, attempting to have a baby in the middle of all the chaos was the final straw. If I watch any more I will want to slap her. Thank goodness the first series is over and I can put it behind me.

suziewoozie Tue 23-Feb-21 10:31:54

Me too. Some series as they come to an end you find you’ve really engaged with the characters, care what happens to them and can’t wait for the next series ( I feel like this about Call My Agent) and then series like this where at the end you’ve had more than enough of them. I think I’m enjoying dramas now with beginnings middles and ends and about 4-6 episodes long. Just really enjoyed Quicksand in this category.

Chestnut Tue 23-Feb-21 10:49:41

There were two series of 'Home Fires' and I loved them. It had a good storyline and characters, the sets and costumes were great. I engaged with the characters and cared about them. Then at the end of the second series an airplane crashed into a house and that was where it ended. They left us on a cliff edge and decided not to make another series! I was so disappointed especially as it hadn't had a proper ending. If only that had carried on and not this one.

Calendargirl Tue 23-Feb-21 10:56:16

Yes, ‘Home Fires’ was definitely one they should have kept going.

I also liked ‘Indian Summer’, but it did badly in the ratings, and was dumped unceremoniously.

Also I enjoyed ‘Scarborough’, also dropped.

Yet they let Marcella have several series, plus the dire ‘Hold The Sunset’, which I have moaned about before.

I think it depends how much clout certain actors and their agents have.

Deedaa Tue 23-Feb-21 17:40:33

I really enjoyed Home Fires and was upset when it just stopped. I wanted to know if anyone survived the crash and if that poor woman ever saw her Polish boyfriend again. The awful Alice wasn't in the same class at all. I didn't even realise I was watching the final episode because nothing was resolved at all.

Harris27 Tue 23-Feb-21 17:43:14

Watched two episodes and had had enough not for me, Keeley hawes in to Olivia much better.

TwiceAsNice Thu 25-Feb-21 17:57:54

My daughter and I kept watching thinking surely it will get better. I don’t think it ever did and I thought how she treated her daughter was appalling . It’s all me me me . I think there will be another series with that ending but I don’t think I’ll be watching it!

GreyKnitter Thu 25-Feb-21 18:08:04

Like many others on here we watched it to the last episode but were disappointed and wouldn’t watch another series. The characters were all just a bit odd and not quite believable - her husbands sister, her parents etc. All in all a bit of a dud series.