Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Duchess of Duke Street

(60 Posts)
GagaJo Sat 23-Jan-21 10:37:11

I loved this as a child. I remember watching it on Saturday nights when my mum had gone out. It was the highpoint of my evening.

I am rewatching it now. It has lost nothing in the intervening years. I LOVE the strong female character lead.

Funny thing is that my tastes clearly haven't changed at all 45 years.

lemsip Wed 27-Jan-21 22:06:07

I watch on bflix which is completely free and haven't had to register or log in.

BFLIX | Watch Movies Free Online

Urmstongran Wed 27-Jan-21 22:11:10

I’m on 10 now and agree with you GagaJo about Louisa being the lynchpin. The episode when she went on holiday to France seemed a bit flat without her in it!

Daddima Thu 28-Jan-21 13:00:39

lemsip

I watch on bflix which is completely free and haven't had to register or log in.

BFLIX | Watch Movies Free Online

I’m on Bflix too. I’ve noticed that when you play anything, it has no sound, then when you click on the sound icon, an ad ( usually something about ‘Britain’s Stupidest Man’), then when you close that window and click on your programme again it’s fine. I presume that’s how they make their money from advertising.
Has anybody else noticed Starr’s squeaky shoes?

Alishka Sat 30-Jan-21 12:35:02

How could we NOT notice Starr's squeaky shoes?shockgrin

I binge watched both series over 2 days - found myself getting attracted to the Colonelconfusedblush

Shielding since last March+lockdown's doing strange things to me!

I've never knowingly watched any Soaps, just visited clients who always had the TV on - June Brown's voice is unmistakablesmile

Urmstongran Sun 31-Jan-21 22:09:19

The gorgeous Christopher Cazenove who played ‘Charlie’ (Lord Haslemere) apparently died in 2010 of septicaemia at the age of 66y. This photo was taken the year before he died.

GagaJo Sun 31-Jan-21 22:10:07

Yes, I looked that up too. Sad. I'm onto the 2nd series now and Charlie isn't quite as much fun anymore.

GagaJo Thu 04-Feb-21 16:27:41

Urmstongran! Have you got as far as Series 2, Episode 3 yet?

I am watching it now in floods of tears (but no spoilers).

Urmstongran Sat 06-Feb-21 18:28:59

Ah GagaJo I finished all the episodes on Thursday night! I’m a loose end now.
Thank you so much for the recommendation. I’d have never known about it but for you!
?
Yes, I cried too at that episode. It’s been great acting.

GagaJo Sun 07-Feb-21 14:57:17

I have only just finished the whole thing. They skipped through a few bits that gave it a bit of an unfinished feel, I thought. Like how Lottie decided to come home.

Charlie's death, I thought was done well. I am welling up now, thinking about it. I thought I was a total cynic, but that was a real love story.