Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Bloodlands.

(121 Posts)
Calendargirl Sun 21-Feb-21 22:01:12

Just watched first episode.

Looks promising.

Guessed the necklace would feature prominently in the storyline.

Sparklefizz Wed 29-Dec-21 13:38:43

I have only just discovered this. It's like a Northern Ireland Line of Duty in my opinion. When it was first mentioned, I confused it with something called Bloodlines which I think was on Netflix.

Anyway, it's gripping as has probably already been said. I am only on episode 3 so haven't read all the previous posts in case they are spoilers.

Eloethan Thu 25-Mar-21 23:58:17

I don't know why I continued watching it. I found the acting wooden and unconvincing and the plot very confusing. It didn't improve, in my opinion, and I wish I hadn't wasted the time watching it. I won't bother with the second series.

Blinko Thu 18-Mar-21 11:13:01

We've been watching Bloodlands, Unforgotten and also catching up on Vera, all at round about the same time. Easy to get confused as to story lines and who's who... we'll be watching the next series of Bloodlands. I thought the acting was great, and disagree that JN is at all wooden.

Greyduster Thu 18-Mar-21 08:59:53

Caught up with the last episode last night. Well! What a piece of work he turned out to be! Hope we don’t see another series.

Delila Tue 16-Mar-21 16:39:38

Whoops, sorry, getting muddled with Unforgotten! The same actress is in both.
Very confusing when you’re only half-concentrating, and some of these dramas merge together for me.

Delila Tue 16-Mar-21 15:42:55

I think Heather, the dutiful/resentful daughter with a past, who interrogated Jackie in the final episode, is Goliath.

Auntieflo Tue 16-Mar-21 15:31:14

We also enjoyed the series, especially the young actor who played 'Birdie'.

dogsmother Tue 16-Mar-21 13:51:40

Well I thoroughly enjoyed it, had me til the end!

Urmstongran Mon 15-Mar-21 20:03:15

I’m done with it. I’m happy to leave it where it stands as I’m not interested in a second series.

I thought Niamh & Jackie were the excellent actors in this. I had to laugh when Birdy had to answer to his boss (Jackie) about the suspicions against him. He squirmed at the awkwardness of the situation and he played a great part!

dahlia Mon 15-Mar-21 19:33:17

We both loathed this series, though we kept watching just in case things improved. And just when we thought all was about to be revealed, it ended and we were told series 2 would be along soon! Count us out, we can only stand so much of Mr Nesbitt's gurning! [grin[

Jaxjacky Mon 15-Mar-21 11:44:29

Wow, enjoyed it, what a player he is. I can’t see Niamh and Jackie just forgetting everything that’s happened though.

maddyone Mon 15-Mar-21 11:01:21

I will definitely be watching when it returns. I think trisher might be right, Izzy might start to suspect her father.

Welshwife Mon 15-Mar-21 10:17:42

It would be possible for her to return as she was working for the Secret Service of some form and they are known for whisking people away particularly in Ireland - they have had more than 100 years of practise!

trisher Mon 15-Mar-21 09:38:09

I thought about the wife turning up, but I think it might be more about Izzy starting to suspect her father. And the woman detective pursuing things.

Iam64 Mon 15-Mar-21 08:32:47

I wondered if the missing wife will return in Series 2. It seems unlikely though, that a mother would leave her child with a murderous father. The exception to that would be women who have been abused by that man and told if she takes the children when she leaves, he’ll find them and kill them all.

suziewoozie Sun 14-Mar-21 22:53:49

Hummm DH mentioned a slight inconsistency. I said if we pull at a loose thread, it will unravel in moments. Series 2? Not sure I’ll bother

Urmstongran Sun 14-Mar-21 22:29:39

I missed hearing about series 2 trisher! Brilliant ending wasn’t it? So very clever. The jammy sod.

Ellianne Sun 14-Mar-21 22:28:29

Quite tense at times, brilliant acting!

Urmstongran Sun 14-Mar-21 22:28:14

No, I don’t think so. Not much mileage to be gained there, plus not seeing her daughter Izzy for all these missing years. On the other hand, she saw her lover shot and they do say revenge is a dish best eaten cold. But 25 years? Hmm.

trisher Sun 14-Mar-21 22:26:13

Yes it said Series 2 is coming. Of course there is still what happened to the wife?
I agree about the ending .

Calendargirl Sun 14-Mar-21 22:22:05

With missing wife turning up?

Calendargirl Sun 14-Mar-21 22:21:25

Series 2 to follow?

Urmstongran Sun 14-Mar-21 22:09:40

OMG what a bluddy clever ending!
So neat & perfect.
He got away with it! The others in the Force suspect him but now they cannot prove a thing as all leads are . Dead.
?

GrannyGravy13 Thu 11-Mar-21 10:47:00

I am totally confused confused

LadyGracie Thu 11-Mar-21 10:27:35

Calendargirl it's gratifying to know I'm not alone. Thank you ?