Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Unforgotten.

(245 Posts)
Calendargirl Tue 23-Feb-21 07:40:29

Good to see the new series of this. Looks promising.

Nicola Walker looking as miserable as ever, but I don’t suppose she had a lot to look happy about really.

Several back stories going on behind the obvious suspects.

Pittcity Tue 02-Mar-21 07:41:26

It's on ITV lovetopaint. We record and watch later so we can skip the ads.

Maggiemaybe Tue 02-Mar-21 08:01:09

I found a couple of the characters looked really similar. I kept asking is that the wife of the One accused of interfering with that woman or is she the one applying for promotion.

I’m glad it’s not just me! I’m a bit face-blind to start with, but this is really challenging. Though at least I noticed last week that the body was missing its head and extremities, which somehow passed DH by.

Iam64 Tue 02-Mar-21 08:48:38

I foolishly decided to watch episode 1 of an earlier series of Unforgotten, immediately before last nights episode of the current series. I won’t do that again, I was confusing bodies and suspects

FoghornLeghorn Tue 02-Mar-21 11:27:12

Calendargirl

Yes Jane, she hasn’t had that partner before, (Monarch Of The Glen, was he called Jamie in that?)

She was divorced/widowed with a son.

They started their relationship in the last series. The one where the GP was the serial killer.

FannyCornforth Tue 02-Mar-21 11:35:23

Juliet27

If the start of the new series is the same as the others, there’s a pram outside a building, which you’ll miss if you blink, which was my children’s pram. I advertised it on eBay and it was bought for that purpose. I had been hoping it would be used for a longer part in the series!!

Juliet this is brilliant!
Did you see my 'Rubbish Claims to Fame' thread? (Not that this is rubbish, far from it!)
We ended up doing a secret vote for the best one via PM.
You would definitely have made the shortlist.
Riverwalk was the runaway winner due to her connection to the donkey from The Durrells.

Urmstongran Tue 09-Mar-21 12:56:45

It’s on TONIGHT folks!
?

Iam64 Tue 09-Mar-21 13:45:27

I finished the previous series last night. I missed it first time around, so wasn’t up to speed on why she was on long term sick leave. It’s a great series, emotionally intelligent and compassionate. 30 years of working on the edges, not losing your moral compass or ability to empathise is impressive. No wonder she eventually fell apart a bit

Urmstongran Tue 09-Mar-21 14:33:52

I didn’t bother with the back story just jumped in on this series but it’s understandable, even without doing so. I think tv watching tonight will be more entertaining than last night!
?

Charleygirl5 Tue 09-Mar-21 14:38:25

Urmston that would not be difficult! At least we have something to look forward to and we want to watch.

Floradora9 Tue 09-Mar-21 14:39:08

Well worh going to the first episodes we are watching on Netflix and really enjoying them .

Sarnia Wed 10-Mar-21 08:40:40

I always enjoy Unforgotten. Good ending to last night's episode. I shan't say what in case some haven't watched it yet. Looking forward to next week.

Jane43 Wed 10-Mar-21 10:04:32

Unlike some tv series Unforgotten is getting better, last night’s belated episode was very good.

annsixty Wed 10-Mar-21 10:58:35

My GD and I binge watched the previous series, usually two episodes each evening, over the last couple of weeks.
We are recording this series so that we can do the same thing when this series finishes.
We also watched a series called Collateral which was new to us.
Nicola Walker played a lesbian priest in that, the same misery/ attitude/ hesitant speech.
I still find her eminently watchable though.

TerriBull Wed 10-Mar-21 13:51:27

I love this series it's probably the only one at the moment I'm watching avidly via one of the mainstream channels. I like the pairing of the two leads, Nicola Walker and Sanjeev Bhaskar. I wasn't pleased on Monday evening when it was shifted to make way for that other rubbish programme.

Ellianne Wed 10-Mar-21 15:04:59

Really good! Brings in all the home lives too without over exaggerating.

Luckygirl Wed 10-Mar-21 15:13:54

My memory is so bad that I look up the previous episodes before switching on the latest. The fact that two of the women look very alike foxes me.

Sarnia Wed 10-Mar-21 15:19:04

annsixty

My GD and I binge watched the previous series, usually two episodes each evening, over the last couple of weeks.
We are recording this series so that we can do the same thing when this series finishes.
We also watched a series called Collateral which was new to us.
Nicola Walker played a lesbian priest in that, the same misery/ attitude/ hesitant speech.
I still find her eminently watchable though.

I think Nicola Walker has cornered the market for playing parts in that way. She is the same in Last Tango in Halifax. Really good actress though.

BlueBelle Wed 10-Mar-21 16:35:47

Brilliant I m loving it ....lasts nights was really good Starting to home in on the four ‘suspects’
I had to watch the first one twice to get the women sorted out but I m ‘ with it’ now

silverlining48 Wed 10-Mar-21 17:02:36

I am so pleased it’s not just me who has problems sorting out who is who. When a third woman with mid length brown hair all of a similar age appeared last night.... oh dear. I was at a loss. That’s prospagnosia for you. Think that’s the right spelling.

Luckygirl Wed 10-Mar-21 17:27:06

...or just old age.....smile

Sara1954 Wed 10-Mar-21 19:06:50

I didn’t realise it was on last night!
I’m really annoyed to miss it, but can probably get it on catch up.
I think it’s an excellent series, apart from coronation street, which I’m about twenty episodes behind, it’s the only thing I’m watching.

Sara1954 Wed 10-Mar-21 19:08:27

I agree about the similarities between the women, I have to keep asking my daughter which one is which!

glammagran Wed 10-Mar-21 19:32:31

I’m not having problems telling the characters apart but I’m unable to remember whether the female therapist (and a suspect) was buying a commercial property for her and her partners business and a private dwelling. Not that I’m sure it matters. But thoroughly enjoying it because it not sensationalised or lurid.

Luckylegs Fri 12-Mar-21 23:18:14

I’m enjoying it all but just having a bit of trouble (I must have looked at my iPad at the wrong moment)! How do they know that the body was in the boot of that car and that the four probationer police were in it as well? This is all 30 years ago right? Was CCTV around then? Apart from that, I’m following who is who beautifully. I’m waiting for it to get a bit more exciting tbh.

Calendargirl Tue 16-Mar-21 10:53:00

Is it just me who feels there is going to be no happy ending for Cassie and John’s relationship?

She isn’t showing much enthusiasm for his joint house hunting.