Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Meghan at 40: The Climb to Power airs on Channel 5 on Saturday 9.30pm.

(121 Posts)
lemsip Fri 23-Jul-21 13:32:09

Meghan at 40: The Climb to Power airs on Channel 5 on Saturday 9.30pm.

Alegrias1 Sun 25-Jul-21 09:11:58

She smiled at her wedding? She smiled?

She walked down the aisle by herself?

Burn the witch.

Lucca Sun 25-Jul-21 09:12:54

It makes me laugh the comments about “as if it were a film set”, what could possibly be more theatrical than a royal wedding??

Anniebach Sun 25-Jul-21 09:13:13

Smiling when walking alone down the aisle ,

Alegrias1 Sun 25-Jul-21 09:15:38

Smiling. When walking.

What next.

I think we have reached peak silliness haven't we. I think we got there with the "here's a complete analysis of the program but I wasn't really watching it" post

confused

Lucca Sun 25-Jul-21 09:20:23

Anniebach

Smiling when walking alone down the aisle ,

Why not ? If she’d looked glum that would be getting the flak now. Come on barrel and scraping spring to mind. The Oprah interview, the lawsuits etc OK but this sort of stuff is really crazy.

Galaxy Sun 25-Jul-21 09:23:39

I had a cigarette at my wedding. In my dress. Always classy.

Anniebach Sun 25-Jul-21 09:24:36

Brides do not grin as they walk up the aisle, fact. But perhaps
celebrities do

Ellianne Sun 25-Jul-21 09:26:33

Alegrias1

Smiling. When walking.

What next.

I think we have reached peak silliness haven't we. I think we got there with the "here's a complete analysis of the program but I wasn't really watching it" post

confused

Well SORRY but the inference of the OP was "Are you going to watch the ptogramme?" followed by various yes/no answers.
What is wrong with a brief synopsis. NOT a complete one because
a) I didn't watch it all and
b) I had far more important stuff to be dealing with.
I hope some of you didn't mind the airing of my opinion.

Ellianne Sun 25-Jul-21 09:29:14

PS if anyone is interested I was dealing with wee, poo, milky meals and cuddles with my new arrival of 6 hours earlier!!

Ellianne Sun 25-Jul-21 09:29:43

Here

lemsip Sun 25-Jul-21 09:34:15

Re; Op........... No inference in my op just a statement.

Anniebach Sun 25-Jul-21 09:35:03

I agree with your post Elliane. It certainly explained
*what Meghan wants, Meghan gets’.

Alegrias1 Sun 25-Jul-21 09:35:57

Everyone's entitled to post their opinions. My opinion is that in the midst of dealing with a lovely new dog you were able to switch on Channel 5, remember the program was on, pay enough attention to reproduce some of the themes on GN and tell us all you weren't really interested.

I wasn't really interested which meant I hadn't even noticed it was on and was watching an online concert instead.

Ellianne Sun 25-Jul-21 09:37:09

lemsip

Re; Op........... No inference in my op just a statement.

Which provoked the answering posts about whether to watch it.

Alegrias1 Sun 25-Jul-21 09:39:28

Anniebach

Brides do not grin as they walk up the aisle, fact. But perhaps
celebrities do

I think that writing "fact" after an opinion means that we can't possibly argue with it, doesn't?

I was beaming like a lighthouse as I walked up the aisle. I do not class myself as a celebrity. But I was getting married, I was happy. Isn't that how it works? Was I meant to be looking miserable and demure?

Ellianne Sun 25-Jul-21 09:43:10

Alegrias1

Everyone's entitled to post their opinions. My opinion is that in the midst of dealing with a lovely new dog you were able to switch on Channel 5, remember the program was on, pay enough attention to reproduce some of the themes on GN and tell us all you weren't really interested.

I wasn't really interested which meant I hadn't even noticed it was on and was watching an online concert instead.

Now THAT comment is peak silliness!
If you had driven 5 hours across country to collect a pup, in an emotional state, had the GC round to meet him etc. then you might understand why I collapsed on the sofa at 9 pm to watch some mindless TV. I didn't say I wasn't interested, I said I was busy juggling other things.
Any way this thread is about the programme itself, but thank you for admiring my new dog.

Alegrias1 Sun 25-Jul-21 09:46:35

What, sillier than complaining that a bride was smiling at her wedding?

Its getting very weird here.

Ellianne Sun 25-Jul-21 09:47:08

I have made no comment about the bride.

Anniebach Sun 25-Jul-21 09:48:29

I can believe you were Alegrias1 , I should have said ‘all the years I worked in the Cathedral I never saw one bride beaming
as they walked to the Alter, when they reached the Alter and the man they are to marry , yes,
walking up the aisle no.

Alegrias1 Sun 25-Jul-21 09:52:34

I guess maybe in the Church of Scotland young women are allowed to be happy when they see their friends and family dressed up to the nines and come to see them make their vows. Also my former music teacher playing "Nights in White Satin" on the church organ as I walked up the long aisle towards the altar raised a smile.

eazybee Sun 25-Jul-21 09:56:44

smiling in church, like the cat that got the cream, as if it was a film set.

Actually, Meghan's expression is exactly the same as that of Scarlett O'Hara when she wakes up after having spent a tempestuous night with Rhett Butler.

Meghan is the cat who got the cream, and one can only gasp in amazement at how quickly, and how ruthlessly, she has exploited her triumph.

Galaxy Sun 25-Jul-21 09:57:38

But that doesnt mean no women smiled annie, surely you know that. Before today I would have said that no one would judge a woman for smiling at her wedding, I was obviously wrong, that's the danger of basing facts on our own small area of experience.

trisher Sun 25-Jul-21 10:01:14

I was watching "Beck".
I smiled when I walked up the aisle-all the people I loved best why wouldn't I?. But we both had to try hard not to laugh at the altar, when we noticed the vicar was still wearing his painting trousers under his surplice! (is that worse)

Juliet27 Sun 25-Jul-21 10:01:16

Also my former music teacher playing "Nights in White Satin" on the church organ as I walked up the long aisle
Stupidly I used to think it was Knights in White Satin. Felt that wouldn’t give them much protection! ?

Alegrias1 Sun 25-Jul-21 10:02:31

I used to think that too Juliet27!