Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Meghan at 40: The Climb to Power airs on Channel 5 on Saturday 9.30pm.

(120 Posts)
lemsip Fri 23-Jul-21 13:32:09

Meghan at 40: The Climb to Power airs on Channel 5 on Saturday 9.30pm.

GillT57 Fri 23-Jul-21 13:34:06

i am washing my hair

lemsip Fri 23-Jul-21 13:35:32

Meghan Markle struggled to 'switch off' the American dream' and understand her 'duty was to the Queen', a US-born viscountess has claimed in a new documentary.

Smileless2012 Fri 23-Jul-21 13:42:40

Power!!! what powerconfused

maddyone Fri 23-Jul-21 14:17:18

I didn’t realise Meghan has any power.

Atqui Fri 23-Jul-21 15:23:56

I imagine she has plenty of power over her husban?

Namsnanny Fri 23-Jul-21 15:28:52

I'll probably have a headache.

In fact just reading this thread title has my temples throbbing !

maddyone Fri 23-Jul-21 15:30:37

The title seems unusual, I wonder how the programme will be presented. The makers of the programme seem to be suggesting that Meghan does have some power.

M0nica Fri 23-Jul-21 15:57:22

Who?

timetogo2016 Fri 23-Jul-21 16:11:22

Watching the grass grow has become a spectators event.

Calendargirl Fri 23-Jul-21 16:14:13

Well, I shall watch it. There’s not much on a Saturday night, Channel 5’s Royal Spot makes welcome viewing.

??????

NotTooOld Fri 23-Jul-21 16:20:34

I'll be busy. My sock drawer needs tidying.

Lincslass Fri 23-Jul-21 18:27:41

Nooo definitely not, much better things to watch on Disney, Loki probably.

Ellianne Sun 25-Jul-21 07:29:50

maddyone

The title seems unusual, I wonder how the programme will be presented. The makers of the programme seem to be suggesting that Meghan does have some power.

The title itself is a little misleading, but does have some relevance. The programme was about the power in Meghan's head and how she relentlessly pursues her quests. To me, it suggested her inner drive has now taken over her life and has become an obsession. There were lots of clips portraying her as a strong woman striding out with her own agenda on visits followed by a confused, hapless Harry, very much the weaker person in the relationship. And lots of close up shots of her teary big eyes when things weren't going her way. There was also constant showing of that frosty balcony scene amongst the RF where both M & H were snarling about something, but no explanations given. The programme came to the conclusion she wanted to do things her own way and that there was no room for that in the RF.
PS I was only watching with half an eye whilst occupied with far more important things! grin

Calendargirl Sun 25-Jul-21 08:19:26

I started to watch it after a repeat of the way the Middletons had adapted to being part of the RF, albeit on the sidelines.

By 9.30 I was feeling weary, and soon went to bed as I knew I couldn’t keep awake until nearly 11pm when Meg had finished.

Pity the Meg programme wasn’t on first.

I shall watch it on catch up when I am not nodding off.

????

mokryna Sun 25-Jul-21 08:41:06

Didn’t watch it, can’t stand her. Haven’t liked her since watching their wedding, when to me, I thought she wasn’t taking the church service seriously enough, looking around smiling in church, like the cat that got the cream, as if it was a film set.
However, I found the Middletons’ program interesting.

Aldom Sun 25-Jul-21 08:53:24

mokryna

Didn’t watch it, can’t stand her. Haven’t liked her since watching their wedding, when to me, I thought she wasn’t taking the church service seriously enough, looking around smiling in church, like the cat that got the cream, as if it was a film set.
However, I found the Middletons’ program interesting.

For pity's sake, you can't condemn a bride for smiling in church. I took my marriage service seriously and I smiled. It was impossible not to smile, I was so happy to be making my vows to the man I loved.

Galaxy Sun 25-Jul-21 08:54:10

Smiling at the wedding grin. Pure evil.

Anniebach Sun 25-Jul-21 09:03:18

Smiling when walking down the aisle is usual, not walking alone and smiling up the aisle

Galaxy Sun 25-Jul-21 09:05:14

Says who?? I smile when I am alone sometimes.

Anniebach Sun 25-Jul-21 09:07:20

You walked up the aisle alone ? What confidence

Lucca Sun 25-Jul-21 09:08:09

Yes, I do think smiling could be forgiven, but anything is possible on here !,

Galaxy Sun 25-Jul-21 09:09:13

Would you like to read my post and tell me where I said that.

Maggiemaybe Sun 25-Jul-21 09:09:55

Now I’m no fan, but don’t see how anyone can be condemned for smiling at their wedding!

Lucca Sun 25-Jul-21 09:11:53

Galaxy

Would you like to read my post and tell me where I said that.

You didn’t. But if you had I’m sure you would have smiled.as would I.