Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

(Prince) George’s World

(126 Posts)
MawBe Fri 30-Jul-21 09:45:12

A new animated series about the Royal family portrays Prince George as a scathing commentator on palace life. The Prince, which will air on the US streaming service HBO Max, has a cast that includes Orlando Bloom as the Duke of Sussex and Frances de la Tour as the Queen. It is based on an Instagram run by Gary Janetti, a writer for Family Guy and Will & Grace

Hmm- not at all sure about this.
I suspect Frances de la Tour (whom I have always admired up to now) will be waving goodbye to any OBE/CBE/Damehoods in future Honours lists.
It does seem to be crass to make a cartoon series about living people and (maybe I am being a wee bit patriotic here) about our Royal Family who for the most part are held in high respect both at hone and abroad ( OK maybe not ALL of them!) .

25Avalon Thu 05-Aug-21 11:47:03

I see there are further episodes where a broke Meghan and Harry with Archie strapped to his back turn up at Buckingham Palace after their TV series has flopped. The Queen tells them there is a room with an exercise bike and a sofa in it they can have.

Alegrias1 Thu 05-Aug-21 09:49:38

You're welcome smile

Always happy to help. Not offended though.

Jabberwok Thu 05-Aug-21 09:45:52

Thank you so much for picking up my spelling error, I'm always happy to be corrected and would apologise to those it offended. I will try and make sure it doesn't happen again.

Grandma70s Wed 04-Aug-21 21:02:14

Alegrias1

mega.

Sorry, I'm being pedantic, but it is mega. As in Million.

Megga is a professional Fortnite player, apparently.

Not pedantic, just correct. It was annoying me, but I was too cowardly to comment.

Alegrias1 Wed 04-Aug-21 20:55:29

mega.

Sorry, I'm being pedantic, but it is mega. As in Million.

Megga is a professional Fortnite player, apparently.

Jabberwok Wed 04-Aug-21 20:53:40

They equally had no respect for a very old dying man, disgusting portrayal, but where megga bucks are concerned nothing is clearly off limits, and sadly that, lets face it, is what this is all about.

maddyone Wed 04-Aug-21 20:08:14

The whole thing is repulsive and in extreme bad taste. Of course Harry and Meghan had nothing to do with it. It’s being made by those who work in the Hollywood media and who have absolutely no respect for those extremely young children and it is unbelievably revolting in the way it portrays those children. Their parents are unable to make any complaints. I rather hope they do, but I suspect they won’t as this is happening in another country.

Alegrias1 Wed 04-Aug-21 19:28:18

merlotgran

Alegrias1

I've stayed quiet so far, no comments from me on the program at all.

But honestly, is there nothing we can't twist to make it a dig at M&H? I guess Harry is OK with it? None of us has the slightest idea what Harry thinks about it hmm

The way his grandfather is ridiculed though?

Haven't watched it, won't be commenting.

Probably just like Harry.

Jabberwok Wed 04-Aug-21 19:12:18

Yes,whoever the person was that's particularly horrible
caricature but as PP is not long dead it makes it even more disgusting. To think people will actually laugh at this? What a way to earn a (megga) living? How do these people live with themselves?

merlotgran Wed 04-Aug-21 18:54:27

Alegrias1

But honestly, is there nothing we can't twist to make it a dig at M&H? I guess Harry is OK with it? None of us has the slightest idea what Harry thinks about it hmm

The way his grandfather is ridiculed though?

MissAdventure Wed 04-Aug-21 18:31:56

I'm sure there will be someone along soon who does.

Jabberwok Wed 04-Aug-21 18:28:13

Oh no,I don't think H&M are responsible for this unpleasant satire, but like Ellianne I too am curious to see if Harry defends his once much loved nephew as did Earl Spencer with his nephews. Deafening silence so far,but who knows?

Ellianne Wed 04-Aug-21 18:07:02

Interesting thoughts, Jabberwok.
Harry's uncle, Diana's brother the Earl of Spencer, has always been quick to jump in and speak up for his nephew. It will be interesting to see whether Harry assumes the same stance for his nephew George.

eazybee Wed 04-Aug-21 17:42:13

Much as I dislike them, I don't think Harry and Meghan are responsible for this. I believe the press in this country generally
avoid publishing anything to do with the children of celebrities unless their parents consent.

Jabberwok Wed 04-Aug-21 17:25:46

George is Harry's nephew who al0ng with Charlotte he once purported to be very fond of. I'm sure we all know that these particular parents do not reply, therefore others could. I wouldn't be best pleased if my small G.nephew had been so cruelly portrayed, but, so long as the money flows that all that really matters in the vacuous world of la la land. I remember when Amy Carter was cruelly lampooned. It was a horrid mockery of a young girl with braces on her teeth, mocking the way she spoke and so on. Hilarious to some, but pretty grim to others.

TerriBull Wed 04-Aug-21 16:48:12

I do remember Bill and Hillary Clinton told the media to back off when Chelsea was being commented on, and not very nicely from what I remember. I think she was fairly young at the time, maybe an adolescent. It's very unfair when offspring are propelled into the limelight by virtue of who their parents are, particularly when they are still children.

Ellianne Wed 04-Aug-21 16:18:42

Does Archie actually feature in it? I would have thought at such a young age he might not be able to come out with any real gems yet.

Alegrias1 Wed 04-Aug-21 15:42:46

MissAdventure Wed 04-Aug-21 15:26:30

I would assume it to be up to the parents to do something if they object, not Harry.

Jabberwok Wed 04-Aug-21 15:17:20

I'm afraid our old friend money is at the bottom of it as nothing is too appalling where megga bucks are at stake! I guess Americans will love it as it will fit their rather brash unsophisticated sense of humour perfectly . I wonder what the Sussex's thought of it? Not too sure they would have liked Archie portrayed in this light, but as it's Prince/ss George, Charlotte, and Louis I guess Harry is ok with it.

henetha Tue 03-Aug-21 09:47:43

Yuk. Is there no decency left?

Ellianne Tue 03-Aug-21 09:44:43

I feel sorry for his parents who are "silenced" into having to just accept it. My blood will be boiling.

One wonders at the mindset of adults who decide to make such programmes that feature young children in such a vile manner.
One wonders how it even crosses their minds where children are concerned.

maddyone Mon 02-Aug-21 22:55:40

I’ve just arrived at this thread, and agree with the many posters who say this cartoon is distasteful. In particular, it’s the appalling parody of Prince George, an innocent eight year old child that is so odious. Adults are fair game, but children? One wonders at the mindset of adults who decide to make such programmes that feature young children in such a vile manner.

Ellianne Sat 31-Jul-21 10:07:11

MawBe

Who needs a silly film about George when you can have a film about ME? tcrsmile

www.youtube.com/watch?v=riIPhs80ARk

Perfect. When are the next auditions please?

Ellianne Sat 31-Jul-21 10:05:51

Silence is definitely the best move mokryna.

You have to be 13 years old to have an Instagram account, so George and his schoolmates wont be in that age bracket. Most 22 year olds will just glance at it and move on. They aren't ones for obsessing over silly videos, life moves on fast in their world.