Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Showtrial on BBC iPlayer

(35 Posts)
Sparklefizz Tue 02-Nov-21 07:50:54

Anyone watching this drama? I am finding it really good and am now on episode 3.

GillT57 Tue 30-Nov-21 13:48:42

brilliant acting I thought, especially the actresses playing Cleo and Talitha. I loved the way Talitha made a fool of the prosecution barrister, just gently enough to make her point, but not so much that she came across as a smart ar*e. I hope there is more to come, especially the reaction of Talitha's Father to the revelations about the abuse by the Mother. Brian was a good guy, he got it. Excellent writing.

AGAA4 Tue 30-Nov-21 12:38:39

I think Talitha was involved in the murder. She may not have actually commited it but she was complicit.

LauraNorderr Tue 30-Nov-21 10:15:47

That’s what makes it such a good story. Some believe in her innocence and some don’t. Intriguing indeed.

Aveline Tue 30-Nov-21 10:04:57

It was very good. I think she probably did do it. Her ghastly life history has rendered her a sociopath.
Hope Cleo is back in a new series.

LauraNorderr Tue 30-Nov-21 10:01:15

It was brilliantly acted. The actresses playing both Cleo and Talitha were fabulous.
I can believe that Talitha was innocent. The abuse she suffered as a child would have traumatised her and she protected herself by being outlandish, flippant, humorous, appearing tough and uncaring but wouldn’t have necessarily made her a murderer.

Curlywhirly Tue 30-Nov-21 08:18:35

I thought the series was excellent - and as for the ending, hmm - I think Talitha probably was guilty; she was a master of manipulation, very astute and very capable of outsmarting her solicitor, the very smart Cleo. I do hope there's another series, the actress who played Cleo was mesmerising.

NotAGran55 Tue 30-Nov-21 07:02:46

I think it is set ready for a second series……

LauraNorderr Tue 30-Nov-21 00:14:56

Really gripping, have just watched the final episode hence posting at 00.13.
Can’t wait for the discussion on the ending. How long must we wait? Come on guys get watching.

Chestnut Mon 29-Nov-21 23:58:51

Just seen the last episode. I was convinced Talitha would give the game away that she was really guilty, but she just made an ambiguous remark, leaving Cleo and us wondering.
Does anyone else think the actress playing Hannah's bereaved mother looks a lot like Helen Mirren? I looked her up, Claire Lams, but absolutely no information on her at all which is unusual.

AGAA4 Sat 20-Nov-21 16:19:49

I have watched it all now and found it fascinating. The actress playing the spoilt rich girl is excellent.

glammagran Sat 20-Nov-21 13:53:40

I agree, this was very good. Watched an episode each night this week. It had a very fresh feel to it. I wonder if it could be reprised with Cleo in it again. Vigil was just awful

Curlywhirly Tue 16-Nov-21 23:50:22

Have just watched the third episode - think the series so far is very good and quite believeable (no glaringly ridiculous scenes, unlike Vigil!). I too think the actresses playing Talitha and Cleo are excellent; they steal every scene they are in. Looking forward to the next episodes.

Lincslass Tue 16-Nov-21 22:36:12

I watched the first episode on I player, yet to watch the second, but found it very good hours worth of drama. Will catch up when have more time.

seacliff Tue 16-Nov-21 21:39:00

I have just finished this, and thought it was excellent. A bit different. I want to talk about the ending though, and sounds like not many have seen it yet.

Artaylar Mon 15-Nov-21 18:24:43

I'm enjoying this series very much and really like the Talitha and Cleo characters.

Calendargirl Sun 07-Nov-21 20:50:57

Have just watched the first two episodes. Did anyone else think it odd that Talitha was still wearing the same clothes she was arrested in, the leather trousers and strapless top after thirty six hours in custody, and staying overnight at her solicitor’s? Surely Cleo would have brought her some fresh clothes from somewhere?

TerriBull Thu 04-Nov-21 11:24:07

I haven't finished it yet, but would recommend it to anyone who likes a good crime drama, strangely I think I read the writers were also behind the recent "Vigil" which was a huge disappointment imo!

travelsafar Thu 04-Nov-21 11:10:12

I finished this last night and loved it. Full of twists and turns. The very last scene reminded me so much of Killing Eve. Cant say reason why as it would spoil it for others. But if anyone else has finished it do they agree??? smile

Sparklefizz Wed 03-Nov-21 10:44:55

I know what you mean Aveline. I'm looking forward to discussing it once everyone's seen it.

Aveline Wed 03-Nov-21 08:48:40

I've watched it all. Really good. A bit different. Not sure about the ending. Won't spoil it for others but look forward to discussion after everyone's seen it.

nanaK54 Wed 03-Nov-21 08:41:28

Thank you for the recommendation, downloading now

Sparklefizz Wed 03-Nov-21 08:07:31

It's on BBC 1 BlueBelle, but all episodes are on BBC iPlayer.

BlueBelle Wed 03-Nov-21 05:47:11

What side is this on I m not sure how I ve missed it ?

Shirleyw Wed 03-Nov-21 05:29:31

I finished watching them last night, enjoyed it , very good acting.

Jane43 Tue 02-Nov-21 17:49:20

I have watched three episodes and find it riveting. The actors playing Talitha and Cleo are very good.