Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Showtrial on BBC iPlayer

(35 Posts)
Sparklefizz Tue 02-Nov-21 07:50:54

Anyone watching this drama? I am finding it really good and am now on episode 3.

Chestnut Mon 29-Nov-21 23:58:51

Just seen the last episode. I was convinced Talitha would give the game away that she was really guilty, but she just made an ambiguous remark, leaving Cleo and us wondering.
Does anyone else think the actress playing Hannah's bereaved mother looks a lot like Helen Mirren? I looked her up, Claire Lams, but absolutely no information on her at all which is unusual.

LauraNorderr Tue 30-Nov-21 00:14:56

Really gripping, have just watched the final episode hence posting at 00.13.
Can’t wait for the discussion on the ending. How long must we wait? Come on guys get watching.

NotAGran55 Tue 30-Nov-21 07:02:46

I think it is set ready for a second series……

Curlywhirly Tue 30-Nov-21 08:18:35

I thought the series was excellent - and as for the ending, hmm - I think Talitha probably was guilty; she was a master of manipulation, very astute and very capable of outsmarting her solicitor, the very smart Cleo. I do hope there's another series, the actress who played Cleo was mesmerising.

LauraNorderr Tue 30-Nov-21 10:01:15

It was brilliantly acted. The actresses playing both Cleo and Talitha were fabulous.
I can believe that Talitha was innocent. The abuse she suffered as a child would have traumatised her and she protected herself by being outlandish, flippant, humorous, appearing tough and uncaring but wouldn’t have necessarily made her a murderer.

Aveline Tue 30-Nov-21 10:04:57

It was very good. I think she probably did do it. Her ghastly life history has rendered her a sociopath.
Hope Cleo is back in a new series.

LauraNorderr Tue 30-Nov-21 10:15:47

That’s what makes it such a good story. Some believe in her innocence and some don’t. Intriguing indeed.

AGAA4 Tue 30-Nov-21 12:38:39

I think Talitha was involved in the murder. She may not have actually commited it but she was complicit.

GillT57 Tue 30-Nov-21 13:48:42

brilliant acting I thought, especially the actresses playing Cleo and Talitha. I loved the way Talitha made a fool of the prosecution barrister, just gently enough to make her point, but not so much that she came across as a smart ar*e. I hope there is more to come, especially the reaction of Talitha's Father to the revelations about the abuse by the Mother. Brian was a good guy, he got it. Excellent writing.