Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Bay on ITV

(32 Posts)
Sparklefizz Sat 15-Jan-22 15:12:09

Anyone watching The Bay? It's a bit weird as they've cast a grown man to play a schoolboy, and he's not even boyish-looking. I've googled the actor and he's 25 but quite honestly looks more like 30, yet is supposed to be about 16.

He's deaf so it's really good to see a deaf actor and to see other actors signing to him, but the age differential from the character he's playing is just a bit creepy.

ShazzaKanazza Thu 17-Feb-22 11:12:14

Have to say I agree with you. Did find the series a bit underwhelming at times. Preferred the first two. Thought the deaf actor was great but struggled to see him as a 16 year old though.
I did say to DH might be worth a visit to Morcambe one day.

DiscoDancer1975 Thu 17-Feb-22 11:19:42

Not as impressed with this series as the others. It all seems a bit over dramatic for quite a simple story line, with everyone whispering all the time.

Have still got two more to watch though, so will not cast it off until then.

I can’t get my head around the ‘ youngest ‘ son!! Still at school! Looks at least 35! To see him sitting in the classroom in the first episode, I thought he was a teaching assistant at first.

Not the best drama we’ve seen.

trisher Thu 17-Feb-22 11:24:32

I dropped out of this series. I really enjoyed the previous ones but this seemed tedious and boring.

Calendargirl Fri 24-Mar-23 07:05:35

I’m watching the current series of The Bay, but don’t really know why! Not much else on.

Not keen on any of the characters, none of them seem very believable in their roles. I find the lead actress irritating, something about her voice and her busybody manner. And of course they all have problematic personal lives with their partners and children. Not sure why the boss detective has to be so secretive about seeing his ex wife, did she remarry?

I’ll keep watching, but I’m not really bothered about the outcome.

BlueBelle Fri 24-Mar-23 07:24:07

Sorry to disagree I think she’s got a really nice voice I was only talking to my workmate yesterday and she brought it up what a nice voice she has. Good job we re all different eh
I m obviously not paying attention I didn’t even realise it was an ex wife I thought it was an affair 😂
It s definitely not holding me in a ‘looking forward to the next episode’ kind of way At the moment I m watching it because it’s on and not much else is

Calendargirl Fri 24-Mar-23 10:50:36

That’s ok BlueBelle, as you say good job we don’t all think alike!

Well, I’m sure she’s the ex wife, the one who didn’t tell him that it was their son’s graduation in the last series and he missed it.

If I were him, I would tell her to take a running jump!