Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Trigger Point.

(99 Posts)
Calendargirl Sun 23-Jan-22 21:29:43

Anyone watching this new drama?

I’m a bit underwhelmed so far, but will probably liven up.

Petalpop Thu 27-Jan-22 10:55:56

I only starting watching because Adrian Lester was in it so if he is gone so am I.

Mapleleaf Thu 27-Jan-22 11:54:20

I agree, there seems to be so much dismal, depressing drama on tv at the moment, as if real life isn’t depressing enough right now…
Sometimes, we need a bit of cheer to lift our spirits. At the moment, our tv is off a lot more than it is on, as all this doom and gloom drama is getting to be a bit too much and samey.

Alioop Thu 27-Jan-22 12:37:27

I thought it was ok and will be watching it again next week. It's no Line of Duty, but compared to the rubbish dramas on BBC at the moment, it's fine.
I jumped and screamed at the final scene, my poor dog hadn't a clue what was going on. Thank goodness I didn't have a cuppa or I would of been repainting my ceiling.

jct1 Thu 27-Jan-22 13:30:23

Boring, and the 'banter ' between the two main characters was irritating.

homefarm Thu 27-Jan-22 13:38:49

Agree with PETALPOP I only watched because of Adrian Lester
I won't be watching any more either.

LizH13 Thu 27-Jan-22 14:22:55

We were equally underwhelmed with Trigger Point, but found the Responder much better without as much hype. Think the Scouse humour/attitude helped it along but did need to watch with subtitles grin

Braganza Thu 27-Jan-22 14:30:41

Coloured??? What century are we in?

Callistemon21 Thu 27-Jan-22 14:35:06

Perhaps someone on this thread can let s know if Adrian Lester survives - but without any spoilers please ?

I think hey should bring back Hustle.

The dramas now seem in-your-face, violent, basic, gritty but not that clever.

Sue450 Thu 27-Jan-22 14:40:19

Yes have seen first episode waiting to see how it goes.
Has anyone been watching The Bay?

JdotJ Thu 27-Jan-22 15:57:40

Calendargirl

I think we weren’t given a chance to realise what it was about, and who was who. Just seemed to be a mass of people in uniform, racing about in police vehicles and similar.

Towards the end, when that senior SIO or whatever he was went to Wash and asked her what had happened, I thought, “I bet they are an item”, which of course they were when he suddenly called her darling and held her hand.

The whole drama felt somewhat forced and contrived, not really drawing you in to the characters.

Exactly what I thought Calendargirl. You just knew the senior and Wash would be an item.
Adrian Lester excellent actor but the whole script was very stilted. Will watch another ep to see where its going

knspol Thu 27-Jan-22 16:07:09

The light switch moment summed it up for me, whole thing seemed really unprofessional, wonder what real bomb disposal workers felt.

Jaxie Thu 27-Jan-22 16:13:59

It’s hopelessly implausible. I switched off First Responder too as I found Martin Freeman’s character equally implausible.

Dianehillbilly1957 Thu 27-Jan-22 18:08:24

Rather slow and drawn out. Even I knew she should have known not to touch a light switch! All they do was drink water, or was it vodka!!!

kevincharley Thu 27-Jan-22 21:09:46

Give it chance, they're just setting the scene.

GreyKnitter Thu 27-Jan-22 21:11:58

We enjoyed it. Obviously in the minority on here.

Bignanny2 Thu 27-Jan-22 21:32:03

I think it’s pretty obvious that Adrian Lester is dead since we only saw his arm after the explosion. It’s not the most realistic programme but I’ll give it another chance and watch the next episode.

Bignanny2 Thu 27-Jan-22 21:34:35

I’ve tried twice to watch Responder too. Turned it off the first night then tried again on catch up but I can’t get into it. I’ve been enjoying The Tourist on bbc and The guilted age (period drama) that started this week on sky Atlantic.

Mummer Thu 27-Jan-22 22:37:01

Bilge! There is no police group that deals with explosives?! The army bomb disposal units do all the sterling work of disarming /dismantling what those who shall be damned put together. Where do they get this rubbish?I forcedmhself to watch- until she went to switch a light on(!?!?really?!?!) Schoolgirl error even for anyone with half a brain! Cringeworthy.i strongly suspect that they're hoping to ride on the coat tails of line of duty which tbh was wearing extremely thin and tatty by the last series. Why do they ruins good series by not knowing when to stop? And for that reason "I'm oot!"

Mummer Thu 27-Jan-22 22:39:46

Jaxie

It’s hopelessly implausible. I switched off First Responder too as I found Martin Freeman’s character equally implausible.

I'm with you jaxie.both are non starters for me too

Mummer Thu 27-Jan-22 23:13:37

Liz46

It's awful. OH (25 years in the forces) said she wouldn't have touched that light switch.

My little stepGS said " she shouldn't touch the switch if there's gas it'll blow her up!" .......he's 10!!

Calendargirl Fri 28-Jan-22 07:07:51

Well, in the trailer for Sunday, ‘Wash’ is carrying a coffin and looking tearful. And she looks to be on her own in other scenes.

I find Vicky McClure a bit ‘samey’ whatever role she’s in. Always that same look, way of speaking, intense.

Will see how Sunday pans out.

Allsorts Fri 28-Jan-22 07:18:44

I am watching it, there’s nothing much good to watch now, but can’t understand how anyone trained would touch the light switch. As if.
I am fed up with all these depressing dramas, I want comedy, something light hearted. Find myself watching old shows, even those I know well. Where are all the good comedy writers. I don’t like all the swearing and sarcasm of the of new ones. Just not funny.Even the soaps are full of serial killers with women hopping into bed with every man that comes along, before seeing him off, nearly every character on third marriage. All the children get yelled at constantly, it’s mayhem.

Sparklefizz Fri 28-Jan-22 07:53:55

I find Vicky McClure a bit ‘samey’ whatever role she’s in. Always that same look, way of speaking, intense.

Yes. And her cold eyes give me the creeps.

Calendargirl Sun 30-Jan-22 21:35:29

Well, the second episode is still not drawing me in. And ‘Wash’s’ silly hairstyle…

MiniMoon Sun 30-Jan-22 21:41:10

I'm half watching it. I am decidedly underwhelmed!

Is it slow, or is it just me?