Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

channel5 9pm tonight The Teacher

(61 Posts)
Pepper59 Tue 01-Feb-22 03:03:16

I will watch anything that Sheridan Smith is in, fantastic actress. Four Lives was excellent, you can still watch this on I-player.

lemsip Tue 01-Feb-22 00:52:52

On again tomorrow night when the full inpact of the drama will kick in......tonight was just setting the scene.....got a bit impatient with it tonight.

Doodledog Mon 31-Jan-22 23:57:51

I enjoyed it. I can't imagine my teachers doing anything but go home to mark papers and then bed with a mug of Ovaltine, but that's because everyone thinks their teachers are ancient and boring grin, and they only show one side of their personality to their pupils.

I can, however, easily imagine teacher friends I've had over the years having too much wine and partying hard. Not having sex with a pupil, though, but that's yet to be proved in the drama.

Shelflife Mon 31-Jan-22 23:40:57

I was looking forward to watching ‘ The Teacher’ as I am a fan of Sheridan Smith. Sadly I was disappointed , just couldn’t settle into watching , it simply did not hold my attention.

Grandmajean Mon 31-Jan-22 22:09:27

Will give it another go but disappointing. The staff and pupils seemed unbelievable to me.

Calendargirl Mon 31-Jan-22 22:04:05

Hmm.

Can’t imagine any of my old teachers living it up at Lazarus night club.

Sheridan Smith always seems to play this type of troubled, boozy, angst-filled female.

Seemed to jump about quite a bit, from one scene to another.

Will see what tomorrow’s episode turns up.

lemsip Mon 31-Jan-22 21:29:42

so good to see Kelvin Fletcher in a good role after emmerdale which he left some years ago.

Calendargirl Mon 31-Jan-22 19:19:38

She is in lots of stuff at the moment, after a gap of a couple of years. Did she have a baby?

I hope ‘The Teacher’ is good, and not the usual let down after a few promising trailers.

Yes, ‘Trigger Point’, I’m looking at you.

Grannyben Mon 31-Jan-22 19:04:02

Isn't she in another one soon? I'm sure I've seen one advertised where she is the mother of a teenage boy accused of assault. Maybe I've drempt it

ShazzaKanazza Mon 31-Jan-22 18:22:32

Sheridan is a wonderful actor and singer. She used to do dance festivals when my DD did them although she’s older. But of course she won everything she’s so talented. We will be watching as we do with everything she’s in.

lemsip Mon 31-Jan-22 18:18:21

Sheridan Smith heads this drama..The Teacher . 'Jenna Garvey' is accused of sleeping with one of her pupils .
"Really looking forward to watching this, Sheridan Smith's a brilliant actor,
channel 5 tonight 9pm