Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Netflix Anatomy of a Scandal

(14 Posts)
Sparklefizz Sat 16-Apr-22 09:22:27

Michelle Dockery is more suited as a Barrister than she was as Lady Mary

I agree. I'm enjoying this and binge watched 3 episodes yesterday.

Urmstongran Sat 16-Apr-22 08:46:48

I won’t. Just speculating here ha!!

TerriBull Sat 16-Apr-22 08:45:59

Don't say it Urmston grin anyway you may be wrong!

eazybee Sat 16-Apr-22 08:45:34

I would recommend the book, Urmstongran. Just the thing for a good read over the holiday!

Urmstongran Sat 16-Apr-22 08:40:30

I have a sneaky feeling I’ve guessed the ‘backstory’ of the barrister already! Let’s see if I’m right in due course....

Oopsadaisy1 Sat 16-Apr-22 08:32:08

It’s very watchable, the back story of the Barrister is revealed but a bit later in the series.
The series doesn’t do much for the ‘Tory’ image though.
Michelle Dockery is more suited as a Barrister than she was as Lady Mary!

Urmstongran Sat 16-Apr-22 08:25:03

Interesting comment eazybee. I will lower my expectations now ... or read the book instead!
?

TerriBull Sat 16-Apr-22 08:23:03

I agree, in the book the prosecuting barrister is the central character and she is the one with the most interesting back story.

eazybee Sat 16-Apr-22 08:14:59

I enjoyed the book even though the story was slightly preposterous, particularly for its insights (more balanced than you might think) into Oxbridge gilded youth and the workings of politics, but as I don't subscribe to Netflix I shan't see it.
From the review I read yesterday which describes it as 'gripping but semi-brainless fluff' it seems to be rather two dimensional. All the advance publicity focuses on Sienna Miller's wronged wife, whereas the prosecuting barrister is by far the more interesting character.

TerriBull Sat 16-Apr-22 08:07:03

Yes meant to say the book was great, I've just finished her latest "Reputation" again about an MP, Labour this time, not quite as good as Anatomy of a Scandal though.

TerriBull Sat 16-Apr-22 08:05:39

I love The Split Urmston, I'm not rushing it, I ration myself to that one episode on the Monday when it's on.

nanaK54 Sat 16-Apr-22 08:05:15

Thank you, I really enjoyed the book

Urmstongran Sat 16-Apr-22 07:54:29

Thank you Terribull that’s me sorted for next week! I finished The Split (all 3 series - excellent) yesterday. Mind you ‘Better Call Saul’ last series starts on Netflix on the same release day, which clashes with your recommendation! I might tune in to both.
?

TerriBull Sat 16-Apr-22 07:43:44

New six part series launched yesterday based on the best selling book by Sarah Vaughan which was published a couple of years ago.

Plot is based around Tory minister who has a brief affair with one of his researchers. When this hits the headlines other unsavoury elements from his past are revealed, disgraceful behaviour in a Bullingdon esque club as an undergraduate. That's the outline without giving too much of the plot away.

Starring Rupert Friend as the MP, Sienna Miller his wife and Michele Dockery a prosecution barrister.

Six episodes watched two last night will binge on the rest over the week end.