Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

What can I watch ??

(59 Posts)
Lucca Fri 13-May-22 18:46:48

So I’ve got Netflix and Amazon prime…. Can’t find anything to watch ! A film ? A good series ?
I’ve done queens gambit offspring rake Bridgerton call my agent anatomy of a scandal (excellent) etc etc
Got bored with House of Gucci.

Don’t like anything too violent or too cheesy but like period drama (not lark rise…) loved grace and Frankie.

Is that western with Benedict C in worth it ?.

I’m spending a lot more time with the tv these days.

Mattsmum2 Wed 25-May-22 19:10:04

This is us is brilliant on Amazon , Hinterland for crime on Netflix.

Mine Wed 25-May-22 20:26:21

Thanks for that idea PITTCITY....I'm going to join Prime tonight on a free trial and like you suggested binge This is us....smile

SachaMac Wed 25-May-22 20:31:26

On Netflix…The Staircase starring Colin Firth as the husband accused of killing his wife. Based on a true story, it’s very good.

icanhandthemback Wed 25-May-22 20:49:12

If anybody has Apple Tv, I can recommend "Slow Horses" which is an espionage series with Gary Oldman and is quite witty.

Esspee Wed 25-May-22 23:25:23

Lucca

Aveline and Esspee. Have you watched Rake ? Australian

Or Call my agent ….French ?

I enjoyed both of those and Grace and Frankie.

We loved Rake, Borgen was excellent, it is a Danish series about a woman politician. You will enjoy it. Marseille was good too.

paddyann54 Wed 25-May-22 23:41:57

We just finished Smother ,kept me interested ,has a decent cast and a story with twists .Set in my favorite part of Ireland .
Another vote for Goliath great series ,brilliant last episode .
My OH watching Banshee ,its abit too violent for me so I keep myself busy doing my housework for the next day while its on .
We are and always have been a one TV house ,so compromise is needed

Grannyboots1 Thu 26-May-22 16:49:06

The Good Liar starring Helen Mirren and Ian McKellan is a crime thriller on Netflix with a really good twist at the end.

Mom3 Fri 27-May-22 00:00:11

Yes, I agree that Slow Horses is good.