Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Sewing b

(33 Posts)
travelsafar Wed 01-Jun-22 21:20:26

I wonder how much the blonde girl who shouts out how much time left is being paid by bbc out of our tv licence money. She is awful and tonight really annoying with her stupid attempts at singing. She is spoiling the program for me.

TillyTrotter Thu 23-Jun-22 07:22:55

The kimono Esmay and her friend had designed the pattern for was so difficult. ?
Interesting to watch and only 1 of the 4 very talented sewers got to grips with all that material.
What a nightmare! I would have said “Taxi for Tilly” if I had been faced with that challenge ?
I wonder if the prog makers have made the projects more difficult when they realised the skill these ladies possess.

Ladyleftfieldlover Thu 23-Jun-22 07:38:45

I’m afraid that Sarah Pascoe really annoyed me last night with her totally unfunny and inane comments. It seems obvious that she is driving the contestants up the wall.

GrandmasueUK Thu 23-Jun-22 10:06:49

I paused the programme last night to read the notes on the pattern sheets. It was asking for the materials needed for the dresses, with a possible swatch so that buyers knew what to purchase. It said something about hair, makeup, shoes and underwear for the models, but I wasn’t quite sure if they were being provided by the production company or if they needed to be informed of what they would require,
I loved the blue garment of the week and the Mount Fuji dress was lovely.
I agree that Sara Pascoe seems to be getting less funny each week. I find her breathless little girl style of comedy so irritating. I miss Joe!

midgey Thu 23-Jun-22 10:13:07

Surely the garment of the week was the pink origami dress. I thought Sarah Pascoe was better last nigh! I think all the guff both she and Joe spouted must be scripted by someone (who should stop!)

Athrawes Thu 23-Jun-22 10:16:42

I enjoyed the Japanese session last night and it was lovely that noone went home! Looking forward to next week's final

GrandmasueUK Thu 23-Jun-22 12:17:50

midgey

Surely the garment of the week was the pink origami dress. I thought Sarah Pascoe was better last nigh! I think all the guff both she and Joe spouted must be scripted by someone (who should stop!)

Apologies, it certainly was pink. I've no idea why I remembered it as blue!
I quite liked the Haikus but disliked the singing!

Sparklefizz Thu 23-Jun-22 18:48:14

I can't stand Sara Pascoe - I would be most irritated if she interrupted me with her nonsense when I was in a great rush.

I loved the pink origami dress. Brogan didn't follow the brief at all.... it wasn't origami. Glad no one went home though.