Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Enjoyable Rubbish! ?

(84 Posts)
FannyCornforth Sat 11-Jun-22 09:44:56

Hello!

Others say ‘guilty pleasures’, but I’m of the belief that no pleasure should be guilty; unless you’re talking along the lines of crack cocaine or casual violence.

My recently discovered rubbish de jour is Curvy Brides Boutique.

I used to love Celebrity Big Brother.
The fourth series with Pete Burns, George Galloway, Preston and Chantelle was absolute perfection.
I don’t think that I’ve enjoyed anything on TV more.

So, with Curvy Brides Boutique, I realise that I have set the bar rather low.

DH rather enjoys those ridiculous programs featuring members of the British police making absolute dipsticks of themselves.

What daft stuff do you enjoy?
Thank you smile

tanith Sat 11-Jun-22 09:47:27

Doctor Pimple Popper gross but fascinating ?

henetha Sat 11-Jun-22 09:48:13

I've got a liking for Dinner Date on ITVBe. It fascinates me.

Lucca Sat 11-Jun-22 09:49:01

I might have to PM you as mine are really embarrassing!

But I’ve had the odd look at Say yes to the dress….
I watch Corrie.
And Holby

However a good series I watched about 8 ? Years ago that wasn’t rubbish and I’d love to see again was Mary Queen of Shops with Mary portas.

Marydoll Sat 11-Jun-22 09:52:35

My not so secret vice is watching Turkish dramas, with English subtitles. I am now almost fluent in Turkish. I even had a go at the Turkish version of Wordle. wink

Beautiful Scenery, fabulous homes (imagine a Turkish version of Dynasty) , tall, dark handsome men, beautiful elegant women and lots ot twists and turns in the plot.
Much more exciting than the Korean ones I used to watch.grin.

The medical dramas are so much better than Holby or Casualty and of course the doctors are very handsome too! ?

Please keep this a secret, between ourselves, I would die if my friends found out. It is pure escapism for me on the days, when I am too unwell to do anything.wink

Marydoll Sat 11-Jun-22 09:54:41

tanith

Doctor Pimple Popper gross but fascinating ?

Tanith, just for you! wink

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWY0nY9hHbQ

FannyCornforth Sat 11-Jun-22 10:00:49

Ooh Lucca! I’m intrigued!

I must admit that I enjoy a bit of blackhead action.
Those YouTube things are very relaxing if you stumble on the right one.
I like it when they put that little prodder thing in, and the blackhead squiggles out.

M0nica Sat 11-Jun-22 10:01:14

Location, Location, Location, unmissable! I love it and wait eagerly for each new series.

I also enjoy those 'You are what you eat' programmes and even, if I am up late and too tired to go to bed, the American 600lb dieter/gastric op programmes. if nothing than to stare at the tiny abrupt, expressionless doctor with the improbably dyed dead black hair who features in them..

But the one I can watch again and again is Location, Location, Location.

Kate1949 Sat 11-Jun-22 10:01:52

We would never dream of watching celebrity stuff. Some members of our family loved I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here. Such drivel we thought.
Then in a bored moment we watched it. We are hooked!

FannyCornforth Sat 11-Jun-22 10:03:11

Mary your secret is safe with us ?
But I think that your Turkish dramas actually sound quite highbrow compared to some other stuff.
If you enjoy them more than the Korean ones, you must really love them!

FannyCornforth Sat 11-Jun-22 10:05:27

Kate1949

We would never dream of watching celebrity stuff. Some members of our family loved I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here. Such drivel we thought.
Then in a bored moment we watched it. We are hooked!

I don’t like the challenges - especially the ones with animals. They need to stop doing that.

But I really enjoy it when they are just sitting around; doing nothing and talking rubbish.

NotSpaghetti Sat 11-Jun-22 10:07:38

I loved "Ice Road Truckers" - and the other one about dangerous fishing activities.
where are they now???

Lucca Sat 11-Jun-22 10:09:35

Nothing would induce me to watch I’m a celebrity or love island.

dragonfly46 Sat 11-Jun-22 10:12:29

I love Neighbours and will really miss it when they take it off.
Better try those Turkish dramas!!

FannyCornforth Sat 11-Jun-22 10:15:16

I watched Love Island for 20 minutes once.
It was too vacuous even for me.

FannyCornforth Sat 11-Jun-22 10:17:36

Celebrity Come Dine With Me is another favourite.
Especially the Christmas ones (filmed in the middle of Summer, I should imagine)

Georgesgran Sat 11-Jun-22 10:32:44

DD2 caught me watching Keeping up with The Kardashians. I only wanted to see how such a fake, talentless bunch could make so much money.

I’ve never lived it down!

icanhandthemback Sat 11-Jun-22 10:35:49

We found ourselves hooked by Married at First Sight when we watched the end of an episode whilst waiting for another programme. It's car crash viewing but we enjoy it.

Grandmabatty Sat 11-Jun-22 11:04:55

I was curling my lip in disdain at the thought of me watching anything low brow - and then I remembered my passion for watching bearded men with chainsaws cutting down trees in Alaska and building log cabins. ?

shysal Sat 11-Jun-22 11:10:37

My list of rubbish viewing is long!

I'm a Celeb
Married at First Sight
Love Island
Say Yes to the Dress
The Block, Renovation Challenge
The Bridge
Long Lost Families
This Morning
Loose Women
Four in a bed

I don't necessarily sit glued to them, but they are on when I am crafting or on GN!

BlueSapphire Sat 11-Jun-22 11:39:31

I can recommend The Mallorca Files on the Drama channel - girgeous eye candy - and I don't mean the scenery!

BlueSapphire Sat 11-Jun-22 11:40:26

Sorry - gorgeous, fat fingers!

eazybee Sat 11-Jun-22 11:46:15

Four in a Bed, about competing B & B owners.
The game-playing that goes on, and the number of black hairs they manage to find in freshly laundered beds. Recently somebody found a collection halfway up the bathroom wall!
Riveting.

Shinamae Sat 11-Jun-22 11:47:04

I absolutely love Gogglebox and make no apology for it… it is the only program that I actually laugh out loud at..??

crazyH Sat 11-Jun-22 11:47:13

Karens gone Wild (YouTube)….you will no believe how many angry people there are in this world ?