Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Suspect

(32 Posts)
Calendargirl Mon 20-Jun-22 06:34:13

Who else watched this new Channel 4 drama last night, starring James Nesbitt? I was underwhelmed, probably not helped by the fact that a) I’m not JN’s biggest fan and b) I was feeling weary and nodded off half way through.

It carries on over the next 3 nights, but I shall be watching Sherwood tonight and tomorrow. Not sure if I will bother with any more episodes of Suspect, tbh, unless anyone says it is really good.

Pittcity Mon 20-Jun-22 08:54:30

I'm interested in reviews as I've recorded it....to skip ads....and won't bother watching if it's not good.
Looking forward to Sherwood though!

henetha Mon 20-Jun-22 10:02:31

I watched it and actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I hope it doesn't deteriorate like so many of these dramas do.

BlueBelle Mon 20-Jun-22 10:36:32

I loved it I thought it was good hope it keeps my interest up
I really enjoyed it last night holds great promise

westendgirl Mon 20-Jun-22 11:02:09

I didn't enjoy it at all. I really would like to know (spoiler alert )
how he managed to get into his daughter's flat when it was sealed and padlocked. Did I miss a bit ?
~~~~~~~~~Looking forward to Sherwood.

Charleygirl5 Mon 20-Jun-22 11:56:19

I enjoyed it- a very different side to James Nesbitt but as a policeman, he is working too much as a loner and breaking rules which even I know.

I agree, I have no idea how he got into the flat because all doors should have been sealed off.

If there is a toss up Sherwood will win.

Glorianny Mon 20-Jun-22 12:02:55

I sort of watched it. I was on the phone and it was on with subtitles! Didn't think much of it. Didn't realise it was on next 3 nights. I'm watching Sherwood!!!
One thing that worried me how come Anne-Marie Duff is cast as the mum of a grown up daughter? It doesn't seem 5 minutes since she was just a girl. I really am getting old!!!

Doodledog Mon 20-Jun-22 12:05:38

I saw it, but don't think I'll bother with the rest. I was looking forward to it but was distinctly underwhelmed.

I am looking forward to Sherwood tonight, though.

Joseanne Mon 20-Jun-22 12:07:49

I quite enjoyed it. Though how he was left alone to pocket the keys to the flat and stuff was daft.
I'll stick with it for a bit because there are still a few good actors to come along to the drama.

Parsley3 Mon 20-Jun-22 20:58:31

I have given up on it despite the stellar cast. I thought it was badly written but then I am not a fan of Matt Baker.

Happygirl79 Mon 20-Jun-22 22:34:32

I thought it was very disappointing despite the big names acting in it
I love Alun Armstrong and was gutted to find he had been killed off in the first episode

Charleygirl5 Mon 20-Jun-22 22:37:22

Happygirl have you not got mixed up? this is about Suspect whereas Alun Armstrong was in Sherwood.

Kim19 Tue 21-Jun-22 03:55:30

I've stopped watching. He's too much of a thug to be even remotely credible for me.

BlueBelle Tue 21-Jun-22 05:51:24

On my own then, I m finding it ok

Blinko Tue 21-Jun-22 09:41:15

Parsley3

I have given up on it despite the stellar cast. I thought it was badly written but then I am not a fan of Matt Baker.

Not the Matt Baker on Countryfile, then?

henetha Tue 21-Jun-22 09:43:48

I fell asleep watching it last night. confused

Farzanah Tue 21-Jun-22 09:44:04

I watched the first and have it recorded but may not bother. Too unbelievable by far. I like a semblance of reality in dramas.

maddyone Tue 21-Jun-22 10:11:43

I watched it on Sunday, but I didn’t care for it. We watched Sherwood last night and will again tonight. I’m not sure if we’ll bother to pick up the rest of Suspect on More4. There are better things to watch on catch up. We’ve been watching the French series Spiral and have seen three series of it. I’ll think we’ll watch series 4 rather than the rest of Suspect.

FlexibleFriend Tue 21-Jun-22 11:36:30

I watched the whole series and quite enjoyed it even though at times it was too dark to see what was happening. The end was a bit unexpected too.

rockgran Tue 21-Jun-22 12:07:55

Too dreary.

Farzanah Tue 21-Jun-22 13:35:16

I love Spiral and really rate Sherwood too Maddy. Suspect isn’t in the same league.

Sparklefizz Tue 21-Jun-22 16:43:03

I've just watched the 1st episode. Seems too unbelievable to me so don't think I'll bother with the rest of it.

Sweetpeasue Tue 21-Jun-22 17:01:19

I've given up after 15 mins of 3rd episode. Don't mind some dramatic licence taken but this just doesn't draw me in at all.

BlueBelle Tue 21-Jun-22 17:18:09

Think we re in the minority here flexibleFriend

GrandmasueUK Tue 21-Jun-22 18:56:05

Watched the first two episodes, as they were all available to download, but I’m not even going to bother with the rest. I’m not that bothered about what happens to any of the characters.