Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Elvis by Baz Luhrman

(29 Posts)
Grandmabatty Fri 24-Jun-22 22:49:06

I saw this film tonight and was overwhelmed. The two leads are fantastic, it's a visual treat and the music was wonderful. Lots of superlatives but definitely worth it. It is long though.

Lucca Tue 26-Jul-22 10:52:07

Went on Sunday. Thought it was brilliant.

Callistemon21 Tue 26-Jul-22 11:47:30

I must go to see it!

When we were teenagers, my friend and I went to see all the Elvis films and I bought all his singles (which, years later, went to the Blue Peter Great Bring and Buy sale - I wish I'd kept them!).

Many years later still, I mentioned to another friend that I'd loved Elvis when I was young and she said, in astonishment, "But he was so thick!".
I told her that it wasn't his intellect that attracted me ?

Seabear Tue 26-Jul-22 16:16:26

Saw it yesterday. I nearly walked out in the first 10 minutes the visuals were so chaotic and it was so loud! (although I knew what to expect given the director). I stuck with it however and although it was a bit long and repetitive (how many swooping shots of the LV hotel did we need to understand how long he played there?) I enjoyed it. I only knew the 70s Elvis when I was a teenager and couldn't understand what all the fuss was about wink Having visited Graceland and Beale Street it also brought back memories of a wonderful holiday. A sad story but stylishly told.